News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Craziest Faire Weather Ever This Year In The Mid-South!

Started by Craigmeister, November 06, 2018, 08:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

I couldn't believe how bad the weather was this year for faires in Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas!  The Norman Medieval Faire in early April didn't open until 2 p.m. on Saturday so the wind chill could get above freezing.  That whole weekend was cold and there was sleet one night.  I did get to spend most of the day at the Renfest of the Ozarks in mid-April before the heavens opened up with rain.  There was one tolerable weekend at Oklahoma Renfest before the heat became oppressive.

While the heat moderated some in July and August, it came back for the first few weekends of KCRF.  It was still around during the Oklahoma Scotgames in Tulsa in mid-September.  The rain ran away the attendees at the October Heavener Viking Fest in Oklahoma as well.  At least the Dragonfest in Springfield, MO and the Kiefer OK Medfaire had exceptional weather.

I can only hope that the weather in this region is much better for faires in 2019.  I salute all of you who suffered through the malicious conditions to vend, perform and patronize the events this year, whether in this part of the country or elsewhere!  You are what keep this wonderful facet of modern/historical life alive!  Huzzah to each of you!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

Was the weather this nuts around the rest of the country this year during faire season?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.