News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rocky Horror remake

Started by renfairephotog, August 10, 2008, 01:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Dr. Frank N' Furter's opinion of the remake.....

The horror of it all!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I haven't even gotten to see the first one yet!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

renfairephotog

Then see if they have a midnight show in town and see with some friends.

Fairy photographer

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

And while they are at it, they just might as well just remake The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Patton, The Lord of the Rings, Close Encounters of the third Kind, and any other classic movie out there.

I say NO

MTV SUCKS any way now days. MTV does that stand for Movie Television? It's sure not Music Television anymore.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

renfairephotog

Greetings Fellow Rocky Horror Fans,

Thanks again for supporting the petition to stop the remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! We would like to announce the kick-off of our new photo contest. We want all you sweet-transvestite lovers out there to show your support by taking a picture of you and/or your friends with a sign that says www.stoptheremake.com on it.

So if you want to show the world how you feel about the remake, please visit the link below to upload your pictures. Be sure to dress in your Rocky Horror best and be as grimy, naughty, dirty and sexy as you like. You can also send your pictures to this email address if you like.

Photo Contest Rules and Upload Page http://www.stoptheremake.com/photo_contest.asp

Thanks again for your support and keep spreading the word.

PS: We would also like to encourage you to create YouTube videos about the website. Send us the link and we'll put it on the website.

The photo must have www.stoptheremake.com or stoptheremake.com somewhere in it (preferably written on a sign)

The photo must be legal ... as in, don't steal a picture a use PhotoShop to write something on it

Be original ... unlike MTV

Fairy photographer

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Quote from: renfairephotog on August 10, 2008, 06:47:03 PM
Then see if they have a midnight show in town and see with some friends.

There isn't one nearby and you guys are the only ones crazy enough I know to go see it with me!  Can we have a Rocky Horror Night with Lady Mikayla thread?  heehee   ;D
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Lady Nicolette

Some things are best left just the way they are...How could they possibly improve on the original?  Part of it's charm is it's moment in time.  *throws rice*
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Marietta Graziella

dangnubbit, Janet!  Just leave this one alone.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Nicolette

Precisely my inclination, MG!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

BrokenArts

Hell no!!  Don't do it!  I signed the petition.  I hope it helps. 

Athena

BLECH. Why is MTV even bothering with a musical? The "M" sure as hell doesn't mean music anymore. They should just stick to their lame reality shows and forget about this.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

BrokenArts

Exactly, the "M" surely doesn't stand for music anymore.  I watched MTV religiously when it first came on the air.  JJ-Jackson, Martha Quinn, Alan Hunter.  MTV was *cool* back in the day.  Not anymore.

* BrokenArts sings *Video killed the radio star*