News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MNRF Site update

Started by groomporter, December 14, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

MNRF just announced they will be staying on the current site through 2020 which is the 50th season for the show.

They've also confirmed that
QuoteLand has been purchased for our future renaissance village in St. Lawrence Township near Jordan, Minnesota. We have already begun the permitting process and look forward to developing our future site.
http://www.renaissancefest.com/renfest_2017/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Renaissance-Lease-Extended-to-2020-1.pdf
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

dbaldock

Does the river tend to flood in that area?
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Renee Buchanan

I wish they would hurry up and move already!  The last three  times we visited, it was so awful with the parking and the mud and the hill, we decided to not go again until they are on the new site.  It's a great faire, and we miss it, but it is not doable for me anymore in its current location.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

groomporter

Quote from: dbaldock on December 15, 2018, 02:36:53 AM

Not the festival site, but there is a short low section of Highway 41 south of Chaska that occasionally gets flooded.

Or do you mean the new site? River flooding shouldn't be a problem. We'll have to see when it comes to heavy rains.

groomporter

A likely traffic problem this season will be that the intersection of Hwy 169 and Hwy 41 is scheduled to be redesigned this year.

dbaldock

Quote from: groomporter on December 15, 2018, 08:35:27 AM
Quote from: dbaldock on December 15, 2018, 02:36:53 AM

Not the festival site, but there is a short low section of Highway 41 south of Chaska that occasionally gets flooded.

Or do you mean the new site? River flooding shouldn't be a problem. We'll have to see when it comes to heavy rains.

I was curious about the area around the new location - since I know the current location is on a hill.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

groomporter