News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Movie at MiRF?

Started by Cateyes, August 11, 2008, 09:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cateyes

I heard from some gamers that work at MiRF that Jack Black is filming a movie at MiRF.  Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumor?

Katie Bookwench

You'd want to call the MIRF Management office at 800-601-4848 for Official Info.

Either the Entertainment Dept. or the General Manager should be able to help you out.

Yah...I know...scuttlebut is more fun....   ;)
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

According to scuttlebutt, it's a movie with Jennifer Tilly.

Lurgid

IMDB is about as reliable as Wikipedia, but they list Holly, MI as a filming location for "Ye Olde Times."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034090/locations

Nevar

From last May
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=3957&count=0

"Kimmel International chief Mark Lindsey will commence sales in Cannes this week on the upcoming romantic comedy "Ye Olde Times" starring Jack Black, reports Screen Daily.

Shooting is scheduled to begin in September in Gilroy, California, with Michael Mendelsohn producing and Rob A. White making his feature directorial debut."

I'll get around to putting something clever here someday.

LadyMeg

Goodness, wouldn't that be fun?  I can't contribute to whether or not it's a rumour, but if anyone finds out any info. be sure to pass it along to the rest of us?
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Eric of Lyon

According to My Entertainment World, filming for "Ye Olde Times" is going to be September 8th.

Reference here:
http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/film_production_P.2.html

And here:
http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/audition_film-tv.html

Title: YE OLDE TIMES, Feature Film.

CAST, Jack Black, Lindsay Lohan, David Arquette, Matthew Lillard, Orlando Jones, Justin Chatwin;

PROD, Michael Mendelsohn, Scott Reed; DIR, Scott Marshall; SCR, Robert A. White.

Shoot Dates: September 8, 2008 (in Holly, Michigan).

STORY: After years of performing together, a rag-tag theatre troupe is about to lose its prime gig at Ye Olde Times Renaissance Faire when the Faire's owner threatens to hand over their stage to a rival troupe of conceited, classically trained Shakespearean actors. The gonzo group must revive their act and find help from an unexpected source - their two new backstage hands, a young actor and actress who must overcome all manner of subterfuge and opposition to prove their worth, win the day and - perhaps - fall in love.

Breakdown—

Professor Gordon Shockworthy: This is a great cameo opportunity. He is our omniscient narrator of the story. He smokes a giant, Sherlock Holmes-style pipe. He is the professor of Elizabethan Literature. He has a PhD, an MFA, a RGBH, and a BFD. He is our heroine's kooky uncle. He should be charming, self effacing, intelligent, devilish. Any age. Any ethnicity. A believer in love, and in practical jokes;

Will Frierson: 22, male, just out of drama school and bursting with enthusiasm. He has gotten a job at the Faire as the theatre troupe's newest member. He is off book for most of the Shakespeare, but needs to practice his acrobatics. He is confident and risky, doing his best to be considered for main stage work. But everyone is treating him like the new fetch boy. He is here to live out his dream! But then he spots Kate, another Faire virgin, and is smitten. Even though it is a rule that the new Fetch boy must always service Janette, the power hungry and forceful daughter of Greenbrair's great benefactor, Mrs. Banks;

Jester Roy: 25-35, male, any ethnicity. The Faire jester. He is always pulling pranks, and falling into frame from out of nowhere. Has a puppet 'KIENZLE' attached to his left shoulder (which he works with his left hand). He is constantly 'on' and a never ending source of 'dummy routine' jokes. He loves the crazed Janette from afar, and his dream threatens to remain just that until Will conspires with him... This is a role for an actor with incredible physical control and a whole lot of Commedia Del Arte love. He is funny, odd, airborne and oddly interwined with Kienzle, his shoulder puppet/alter ego;

Thurman Spivey: Late 40s, male. Actor/star/manager of the Greenbriar Stage Troupe. He is an exuberant man in full Elizabethan attire, dedicated to the Faire, Mrs. Banks and to retaining Greenbriar and the MainStage company. He has a sideline this year of raising Capons, an alternative to what Spivey feels is a declining meal offering of Turkey legs. But then Spivey has to face neutering and then killing his stock, and that is just too much to bear. Prone to theatrics and group hugs, he is a definite favorite; Jo: A veteran of the Greenbriar theatre troupe, and a great sister figure to the new kids that come and join the Greenbriars. She is a young mother (of a true "Faire Brat", Emily), she is cute and spunky, with a style all her own. She had a Faire affair with Crockett years ago and still has feelings for him now. She works it out through her music. She is working on a musical for the Greenbriars to perform, and she sings and plays guitar;

Janette Banks: 30s. The daughter of our generous benefactress Mrs. Banks, Janette has a tendency to boss people around Faire and do what she wants. There is a manic energy to Janette and indefinable love to hate her, but she is this theatre troupe Nellie and they put up with her. She is the reigning diva of the Greenbriar stage, always snagging the juiciest roles. She believes she still plays 'Juliet' type ingénues, but she has been well into her 'Lady Macbeth' years for quite a while now. She is good looking, and sexy, but more than a little crazy. She also has a tradition of bedding the company's new fetch boy each year. This year, that happens to be WILL... or is it?;

Cammie: 20s. The bubbly, cute, sweet, simpleminded friend and cohort to Janette. She lives to do Janette's bidding and carry out her evil plans...if she could only remember what those plans were. This part is short on lines, but long on comedy. We are seeking excellent physical comediennes who realize this role's potential and could set out to steal every scene in the film;

Rank - Charlemagne Rank: 30s, male, any ethnicity. He is the leader of the Stratford Guild - a competing theatrical troupe that wants to get their hands on the Renaissance Faire's Main Stage. They have their own theatre in nearby Corvallis, and want in on the Renaissance action in order to have an extra venue to advertise their traditional and yes, year-round productions devoted to the work of Shakespeare.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Nevar

I'll get around to putting something clever here someday.

Katie Bookwench

Wow...

facts and tidbits abound-- who's to know what's really going down?!?

What with the on/off/on/off stuff going on about this production....(or alleged production), it's a drama in of itself... maybe they can make a movie about making a movie about Renaissance Faire!
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

shmoo_ligan

For the record...

"Ye Olde Times" will be filmed at MiRF this season. The production team has been out on site these past three weekends, "scouting", and making phone calls. They will be filming the last three weeks of festival, and the first two weeks in October, according to what I was told by the casting director. Jack Black or no, sounds like fun to me.  ;D

Black Armor

I just read an article yesterday quoting Jack Black that said he was not doing it now.  Apparently he was doing it as a favor to a friend that was involved in it but the friend dropped out of it so Jack Black said he was out too.  I tried to find the article today but of course I can't find it now.

It sounds like Lindsay Lohan is also out.  I read several articles on line that said she wasn't doing it and I also talked to the two casting director ladies that were at the faire last weekend and they said the same thing.  No loss there in my opinion but I'll be bummed out about Jack Black not being in it if that's true.

nliedel

I got a call and they will be filming through the end of  October. At least that's the avialibility they wanted. I'd not heard that about Jack Black, that would be a shame.

I have to say the phone call was pretty neat and on my answering machine, so it's saved. Of all the dorky things. Other than that, I don't know anything.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

shmoo_ligan

Not gonna lie, I haven't deleted the voicemail either... So I suppose that makes us equally dorky. ^_^

nliedel

Quote from: shmoo_ligan on September 02, 2008, 10:24:06 PM
Not gonna lie, I haven't deleted the voicemail either... So I suppose that makes us equally dorky. ^_^

Naw, you're far too cool to be dorky and funny. "Good afternoon," "You're not paying attention." I swear it cracks me up every time.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Pipere

I'll settle this:

You're both dorks.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni