News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tattoo Artist in Mpls?

Started by Charlotte Rowan, August 11, 2008, 10:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Good luck on your first Tat, Charlotte!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Toarmod

Gotta throw some props out there fer my fav  ;D
Eric Silverman at Twin City Tattoo (formerly Tattoo's by Yerkew)  did my dragon, and a whole bunch of Synn's stuff. Including a lil knot work on her ankle. They run a clean no-nonsense shop.

http://www.twincitytattoo.com/

I agree with Rage. Go into the shops and talk to the artists, ask to see there works, make sure you like what you see!

DeadBishop

As a few have mentioned, the best idea would be to "shop around" and take a closer look at all the artists everyone have suggested already, and find the one that feels right to you

R/F.com member since 2003

Obadiah Jib

Here's a tattoo question:  Does the artist always 'sign' his tat when he puts it on you?  Can you request that he not sign his name on your body?  Is it polite?  I know it's art but it is your body too.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

DeadBishop

Quote from: Obadiah Jib on August 11, 2008, 11:57:11 PM
Here's a tattoo question:  Does the artist always 'sign' his tat when he puts it on you?  Can you request that he not sign his name on your body?  Is it polite?  I know it's art but it is your body too.

Wow, I can't say I've ever heard of a tattoo artist doing this... ???

R/F.com member since 2003

Storm

Quote from: Deadbishop on August 11, 2008, 11:07:23 PM
As a few have mentioned, the best idea would be to "shop around" and take a closer look at all the artists everyone have suggested already, and find the one that feels right to you

I agree with DB about this!

I didn't do this when I got my 1`st tattoo and regretted it. I choose I terrible artist (at Yerkew). Luckily, a few months later Randall re did it and fixed it up mighty fine!

Another thing to consider. Some artists book up months in advance so it pays to make your appointment as soon as possible. Chances of just walking in the door of a reputable artist and getting tatted right away are almost nil. A lot of of the better artists are by appointment only and do very limited walk in's. I got one from Randall in September of last year, but made the appointment for it in early June. He books up about 3 months in advance.

Rage

Quote from: Deadbishop on August 12, 2008, 12:24:47 AM

Wow, I can't say I've ever heard of a tattoo artist doing this... ???

I have heard of some doing this if its a large backpiece that will be featured in a show. Other than that I have never heard of or seen someone with a signed tattoo. 

Muffin

I have never heard of any tattoo artist signing their work... I would be mighty ticked off if some random person wanted to put their name on my body... Think of all the explaining you would have to do... "Hey Muffin kick weed puller ink, but who's Fred"?

So no.. It would not be rude at all in my opinion to request this not be done, but in reality I am sure most if not all tattoo artists would not ask to sign your tatt...

Happy inking all!!  ;D

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

Wow, thanks, everybody, for all the great suggestions. I'll definitely look at all the galleries and see if any of them seem right for me. I'm not planning on getting it done at least until after Fest, and it doesn't matter to me when I get it done, so there's no problem about scheduling a few months out. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

atysmee01

Quote from: Deadbishop on August 11, 2008, 06:43:58 PM
If you're getting a celtic knot, check out  http://www.visualaddictiontattooing.com

This is where I got mine, as did Lord Figaro and Storm. Randall's specialty is celtic knotwork.  I plan on going back for very serious detailed work in the near future, most likely after fest is over.

I do agree.  Randall does amazing celtic knotwork!
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

peggyelizabeth

www.artwithapoint.com
She specializes in celtic tattoo, is super cool and does AMAZING work! Someday, when I have some $, I'm having Awen ink me.

Lord Figaro

If your stuck on sticking to the cities then like those before have said Randall at Visual addiction would be my recommendation as well.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana