News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend!!

Started by flidais, August 11, 2008, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

Huzzah!!!!  MIRF 2008 is almost upon us. 
So far it has been decided that Opening Day Meet & Greet will be at 11 at the Things From Rings booth.  I know most of know where this is, but for anyone who might not yet, let me say...it's very easy to find.  Upon entering the shire take the lane to your right, follow this all the way down until you are about to cross the red and yellow bridges.  Things From Rings will be on your left.  Most the time Hob the Troll is sitting on one of the bridges.
Opening Day picture - TBA
Sunday Meet & Greet - TBA
Sunday picture - TBA

Please use this thread to discuss opening weekend how ever you'd like.  Let everyone know if you'll be there, and anything else you'd like that has to do with opening weekend.  Then we can start a seperate thread for other weekends.  So that easier to find the info we need about each weekend without having to search several threads.  I was guilty of doing that last year and then went nuts trying to find what I was looking for.  See I learn from my mistakes.  hehehe

sealion

Try to have fun without me. :pout: :pout: :pout:
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

AnyuBoo

We'll be there opening day, but around 11 we usually head over to court, so we probably won't go to the meet and greet.  But maybe we can meet some of you just before opening gate...(I'll be in black and gold and hubby in black and silver).   :)
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Abigail Fairbottom

OK Flidais, I'm going to try to get over my shyness and attend the meet and greet.  Please drag me with you no matter now much I might protest on Saturday.  Opening Day--Whoopeee!  ;D

Lord Virgil

I have to work opening day >:( (Saturday) so I won't be there first thing,  but I will be there after work to meet my wife and mother-in-law.  We will both be there all day Sunday of opening weekend, can't wait.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Lurgid

I think my wife, my daughter, my four-month-old son, my wife's friend, and friend's son will be going opening weekend. Not set in stone, yet, though.

maelstrom0370

We're SO gonna be there Opening Weekend.  We kept missing the Meet & Greets last year, once cuz i was tossed in Ye Olde Ren Jaile,  (Thanks a lot, Ren-Elvis!  >:( ) so we'll definitely show up on Saturday!  Also, camping at the Holly Rec area, right next door to Ladyfair, so if you're in the neighborhood and see a GOD-AWFUL BIG RV, that's us so stop and say HI!!  :D

flidais

In the past we usually take a group pic with Her Majesty, sometime around court.  I have net yet heard what that exact time will be.  But will post it as soon as I know.  Also we will post a time for meet and greet on sunday.  We were thinking perhaps a little later in the day.   Any ideas? 

robert of armstrong

Post that Sunday time right quick!!  I'll try to attend, alothough I must admit I loose much of my sense of passing time while in the Shire.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

uhurainmi

We will miss opening weekend. Boo Hoo. But I'll be there with a Girl's Only Saturday on the 23rd and Paul and I will be there Sunday the 24th.

YIPPEE!!!! Huzzah!!!

Cindy and Paul
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

nliedel

I'll pop by, if I can, but I have the parade at noon, so it will be a quick pop and run. Can't wait to meet people!!
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lurgid

Alas, doesn't look like we'll be making it this weekend. Maybe next, though.

Madge Estes

Quote from: AnyuBoo on August 11, 2008, 11:19:19 AM
We'll be there opening day, but around 11 we usually head over to court, so we probably won't go to the meet and greet.  But maybe we can meet some of you just before opening gate...(I'll be in black and gold and hubby in black and silver).   :)

Still haven't gotten final word on my schedule, but will either post here or let Flidais know so she can post as soon as I know.  Saturday may be a little "playing it by ear"!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Saoirse_Anam

YES I'm so excited for this weekend! Somehow I never knew about the meet and greet before this year (thank you liz!) and now I'm all sorts of psyched to meet people.
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

Lord Virgil

Keep us posted on the Sunday meet and greet time, my wife and I will surely be there.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!