News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Weekend!!

Started by flidais, August 11, 2008, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren

hopefully there will be more meet and greets!! i will only be able to go once or twice this year. i am moving towards the end of september back home to the gulf coast. i am sure i will be able to come back to visit though!! ;D

Dark Wolf

M'Lady and I shall only be there a couple of days this year unfortunately.  But we do hope to see everyone sometime during our wonders through the village.
There is nothing better in this world than my rennie family and friends, for without them, I am nothing.

maelstrom0370

**runs around in circles, screaming**

AHHHHHHHH!!!!  We're leaving tonight to head downstate!  Tomorrow is "Air Out the RV and Pack It Up" Day, then Friday off to Holly Rec and then SATURDAY...wait?...what's happening on Saturday??

Oh yea.....

REN FAIRE!!!!!!

darkranger

Did someone say 62 hours till opening day!!!!   :o
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Saoirse_Anam

Holy crow Thursday Friday SATURDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! (I'm not counting the remainder of today) Does anybody else feel like putting on their garb and dancing in the streets??? ;D
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Saoirse_Anam on August 13, 2008, 01:47:52 PM
Holy crow Thursday Friday SATURDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!! (I'm not counting the remainder of today) Does anybody else feel like putting on their garb and dancing in the streets??? ;D

My neighbors already think I'm nuts, so why not!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

flidais

It's almost here, it's almost here, it's almost here!!!!!!!  WAAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!
Ok deep breath!

So let's just keep the meet and greet at 11am on both days.  I think we pretty much had a morning M&G all year last year and depending on the weekend or how many of us were there we would add an afternoon one.  Also if for some reason you can't make the 11am M&G, LadyFair is usually there all day, as well as many of us that just wander in and out all day.  She couldn't get rid of us if she tried.  :)  As far as pics go, let's plan on playing it by ear.  hehehe.  Not much of a plan eh?  But like Madge Estes said, opening weekend can be a bit unpredictable. 

I am looking forward to another great season at MIRF.  Seeing old friends and meeting new.  Safe travels to everyone this weekend!!!

Huzzah!!!

Cyron

Quote from: Lord Virgil on August 14, 2008, 09:03:28 AM
My neighbors already think I'm nuts, so why not!

so did you end up doing it though.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Pipere

Packing up all my stuff too and frantically sewing a new cape after realizing I loaned my good one out to a friend last year- ah well!

10 points to anyone who can identify me OUT of the arab costume!
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Lady Elizabeth

Hehe. No problem em. I know you probably have our entire day planned at this point. All those bodice fittings are so going to be worth the look no your face when you see the final product. The final final product. It's so much better than the last time I showed you.

Anyways I can't wait until Saturday. We'll definitely make our way over to the meet and greet.

AnyuBoo

Quote from: Madge Estes on August 12, 2008, 10:10:34 AM
Still haven't gotten final word on my schedule, but will either post here or let Flidais know so she can post as soon as I know.  Saturday may be a little "playing it by ear"!

We'll check our program as soon as we can grab one.  Going to court is important to us any year, but especially so this year:  New rennie to introduce and...
*hides object in hands behind back*   ;D
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

Margaret

The weather guy just said 75 and mostly sunny!!

I start organizing my stuff tonight as to make getting dressed tomorrow (weeeee!  I said 'tomorrow'!!!!) easier.

/happydance.....    :D
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Saoirse_Anam

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! tra la la....tomorrow! It's only a day AWAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! It just sank in that tomorrow morning I shall be strolling down the lanes of Hollygrove with my friend Lady Elizabeth, engaging in all sorts of faire shenanigans ;D
Do it not for glory or profit but to create out of the materials of the human spirit something that did not exist before

Lady Elizabeth

Saoirse_Anam and I will be giving our garb a trial run tonight in preparation for tomorrow. TOMORROW! I'm still in shock.

LadyAnn

I hope Everyone has wonderful opening weekend!

I'll be home recovering from a surgery, and a HUGE Thank You to flidais, Little Dancer (flidais daughter), LadyFair, and The Other Half for coming to visit me today. It really touched my heart  ;D

Luv you all  {{HUGS}}

~LAdyAnn~
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"