News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Memorable Moments at Faire

Started by Sir Michael Geare, March 20, 2019, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Michael Geare

As a member of this group, I know we have all been to faire(s) more times then we can count.  Each visit is always different and special in its own unique way.  Because it is faire.  Now I am curious what is your most memorable time/moment at faire?

For me, one moment comes to mind.  A little backstory...I was performing a show at Kid Kingdom a few seasons ago.  I played an evil character tormenting woman and kids.  As part of the show, I sword fight with a woman "hero".  Naturally, I lose in the end.

The following season, while I am up at the front gate meeting and greeting the patrons as they enter, this little girl comes up to me and ask point blankly... "are you going to lose to the Lady again"?  Obviously, the little girl has seen the show.  Not one to ruin her enjoyment, I tell her that I had a good feeling that day and I just might win and hopes she will be there to see it.  Which she replied that she most definitely would.

That, to me, was a memorable moment knowing that I made the girls day.  As if that wasn't memorable enough. Fast forward a few seasons after I've stopped doing that particular show.  While strolling down the streets of faire after a sword fight, I hear a voice behind me say "I think that's him Daddy".  I turn around and the little girl gleefully says "It is him, it's the Evil Sir Michael".  The same little girl from a few years ago.  A memorable moment made even more memorable. 
'The exercising of weapons puts away aches, griefs, and diseases, it
increases strength, and sharpens the wits.'

Merlin the Elder

A great story! Thanks for sharing.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Renee Buchanan

One time there were a group of young guys dressed in kilts.  No shirts, painted blue  like in Braveheart.  Of course, they were very full of themselves, showing off for the ladies, etc.

A family walks by and the young boy, around 4 or 5, shouts out at the top of his lungs, "Look, Mommy, the Smurfs."
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Craigmeister

My first trip into this wonderful world was to the Oklahoma Renfest in 2002.  My co-worker and her husband took me.  We went to the chessboard before the living chess match was to begin.  We got really good seats which were actually for King Henry VIII (John Auld).  When His Higness arrived, he politely told us that we were in his seat.  My co-worker's husband responded in a playful yet ornery way about the king getting the best seat.  The king responded in an equally playful/ornery way that people had lost their heads for sitting in his seat before.

He was not stodgy or rude.  He did a good job of playing his part.  That, along with the working trebuchets and hammered dulcimer music of Tullamore told me that I was in the right place.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.