News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The first weekend

Started by maddog00, August 11, 2008, 11:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog00

Has come and gone. Save for the 30 minutes of torrential downpour that ruined the chess match (but made for entertaining singing for under the tent next to the chess field) it was a glorious weekend. The storyline seems to be quite interesting (although, I only caught Queen's court and the chess match. I'll be seeing both joust shows later). It was definitely good to see familiar faces on the cast and get to play with them a bit, especially at the gambling table. And thankfully, Keel Rake is back again with its unscheduled show.

The season has begun!

Scotsman

Congrats folks! There is nothing better than the start of faire! We will be seeing you guys three times this year.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

McGuinness

Nothing like a near-evacuation to start the season off  ::)

Glad you had fun...I'll see everyone on the streets soon!

SrEstebanLegaspi

To add to the topic; some photos from this weekend! I ran into BeeBoy and saw some other R/F folks while getting drug about the shire by my family.

I'll add more later as I finish the Sunday photos.
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Alisoun

We went on Saturday, which was beautiful.  I'm so glad that faire is finally here!
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

lordwriothsley

So Colleen did anything happen to be mentioned about a possible visit from the Marques of Winchester this year at PARF on opening weekend? ;)  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

LadySeasan

Me and my gang went on opening day, it was such a lovely day. the weather was perfect

when did it rain? because we got there around 11:30, so i am assuming before that?
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

McGuinness

The rain was on Sunday at right about 4:00. I know because we were just attempting to begin the chess mattch when Mother Nature said a resounding "NO!".

JeannieMac

It was a great weekend!  I left during the downpour - and I was tired ...and very nervous about winning my newly earned money at the gambling table :)
Jean :)
from DE