News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Does anyone know where....

Started by Kiss-me-Kate, September 22, 2008, 11:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiss-me-Kate

Does anyone know where you can buy a necklace vial of "dragon's blood"?  It is actually a blend of essential oils.  It smells like "fest" to me.  It isn't from Rhiannons.
It is in a little "fancy" metal case.  I thought I saw it around the front gate, but maybe I am wrong?

What item(s) are you looking for now that the last weekend is upon us?

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Random Girl

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Marietta Graziella

Are you sure Rhiannon's doesn't have it?  That sounds familiar. 

Wait!!!  There is another incense/prefume shop at fest...  DB, Noble Dreg, Sleepy and I were in there last year on Fest Friday.  Damn...  where is that...  They had TONS of fragrances and perhaps the one you are looking for.  Is it near the mask shop and the hobbit hole?  For some reason I'm thinking it's right next to the Children's Realm... 

Somebody help me out here.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Charlotte Rowan

Is it called Elementals or something like that?
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

MissBubu

See Nessa's reply above. It's between the Children's Realm and the Hobbit Hole.

Noble Dreg

That's the place!  Neat stuff, though after a while your nose becomes overwhelmed.  To "clear the pallet" take a walk over to the elephant/camel enclosure and breath deep, then you'll be ready to go back for more.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lord Figaro

I don't know if going to the elephant/camel enclosure would be described as clearing the pallet. But it'll sure make you want to go back to the nice smelling shop quick enough though. The item sounds really nice though Kate. I'd even wear something like that. Especially if it smells like fest. just so long as it's not the elephant/camel enclosure.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

There was that new cart down by the Bear Stage, I know Rhiannon's had it at one time, what about the Alchemist as was mentioned?  Close to the Bad Manor there is a place called 'Wood Willow and Whatknots' that has a good selection of oils and incense.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Kiss-me-Kate

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I should have stopped the one day I wandered by it, but I was on a mission at the time.

Is anyone else buying a last minute item?
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Lady L

Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Muffin

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on September 23, 2008, 11:06:09 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  I should have stopped the one day I wandered by it, but I was on a mission at the time.

Is anyone else buying a last minute item?

I will be buying lots of last minute items!! (I haven't really done any shopping this season!!) There is a Christmassy candle holder thing at my bodice cooler ladies shop (the name escapes me now) that I want to get for my Mom, there are some ceramic plaque things that I want to pick up for Mom and my Sister-in-law..

Hmmmmmm want something for me too!!! Bodice is out, I keep looking at felix, but sadly I just can't find anything I love, or that I haven't seen on at least 10 other people... Maybe a jingly gyspy bra??? That could be fun!!  ;D

**I have seen Dragonblood oil at Wood Willow and Whatnot** It smells so good!!! We bought some of the massage oil from Ferret this year, and I agree, it just smells like fest!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

SleepyArcher

salted nut rolls??, someone from work wants some. she says they used to have them out there.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Muffin

Quote from: Sleepy on September 24, 2008, 08:22:16 PM
salted nut rolls??, someone from work wants some. she says they used to have them out there.

Maybe at the Bavarian nut place over by the Stocks...

That reminds me.. I need to get some Almonds... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: Sleepy on September 24, 2008, 08:22:16 PM

They used to sell them near the blade shop by Boss Wench.  Out on a little cart.  He/she would yell to try the kings nuts. 

I'd also see it over by the Scotch Eggs further down the same lane.

God, I can't believe this is the last weekend.  This season went by so fast. 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

MissBubu

The King's Nuts, made by Handmaid Sweets, used to be sold in various locations at fest. A few years ago MAF told the owner of Handmaid Sweets that he would have to raise his prices. A battle ensued, we had a plane flying over fest with a banner "Bring Back the King's Nuts", large "For Sale" signs on their main booth, etc. The nutrolls now for sale at various booths around site are from MAF and IMHO aren't as good. Keep in mind if you buy them, the money goes to Peterson.