News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

August 16 preMDRF party in Frederick, MD

Started by will paisley, August 11, 2008, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will paisley

Cafe La Dolce Vita, www.ladolcevitacafe.net and Master Thomas Tallis will be hosting a PRE Maryland Renaissance evening at Cafe La Dolce Vita, from 6-10 at 50 Carroll Creek Way, Frederick, Maryland.  Bring your instruments, merry making, garb and have a grand time.  Master Thomas Tallis will be performing on virginal, and with the hopes of others, have more musicians to perform with.

Any questions, need of directions.. etc... please contact Gary Schwartz, mstrmusic@aol.com
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

analise

I'd love to go, however I will have been at the Montgomery County Fair (almost spelled it with an "e" on the end) all day helping out a draft horse rescue so.... I doubt I'll make it.

Have fun, you guys!

lowlandscot

Damn, damn, damn. That sounds like a lot of fun and I'd love to go. But I'm already booked at a baby shower that day. Damn.

Scotsman

Alas, me and mine will be in Orlando for the week.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

Hosting (get this) a formal Croquet Tournament for a group of friends at our house Saturday so we can't make it.
Fight'n

Lady Jai

Quote from: Dallan on August 12, 2008, 09:06:07 AM
Hosting (get this) a formal Croquet Tournament for a group of friends at our house Saturday so we can't make it.

Do you have to wear a tux and gown for a "formal" croquet tournament?

The kids are looking forward to our visit over Labor Day.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n

lowlandscot

Quote from: Lady Jai on August 13, 2008, 08:25:43 PM

In this heat? Between Easter and Labor Day, tennis whites are perfectly acceptable.

Edwardian tennis whites, of course: ankle length skirts for the ladies, and white flannel morning dress for the gentlemen.

Dallan

Quote from: lowlandscot on August 14, 2008, 12:40:35 AM

In this heat? Between Easter and Labor Day, tennis whites are perfectly acceptable.

Edwardian tennis whites, of course: ankle length skirts for the ladies, and white flannel morning dress for the gentlemen.

Ladies where a dress and guys in whites. We allow shorts because of the heat. We play mixed doubles but your partner is not your spouse. It's really an excuse to dress silly and drink. Hmm, seems to be a reoccuring theme with me.  ;)
Fight'n

Lady Jai

Quote from: Dallan on August 14, 2008, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: lowlandscot on August 14, 2008, 12:40:35 AM

Ladies where a dress and guys in whites. We allow shorts because of the heat. We play mixed doubles but your partner is not your spouse. It's really an excuse to dress silly and drink. Hmm, seems to be a reoccuring theme with me.  ;)

I am noticing a theme.  Just like Tim and Halloween.
M'Crack-Snuggl'n