News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Queen's Tea??

Started by Orphena, September 05, 2012, 12:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

So, I am a long time Rennie, and have attended a variety of faires over the years. Many of the faires offer a Queen's Tea, and although I love intimate encounters with Her Majesty, I have never attended one of these. I am wondering if anyone here has.

Specifically I am wondering if these are more designed for mundanes, or children, and if it is worth the extra money to attend one such. Would love to hear some stories if there are any! Please let me know which faires you speak of as well!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Lady Renee Buchanan

We've been to the Queen's Tea in Minnesota & BARF in Tampa.  When I went in Minnesota, it was several years ago.  It was geared to the mundanes, but we had a lot of fun.  When we went back in 2010, I had told my friend how much we enjoyed it, so she signed up for it.  When she got out, she was ready to kill me.  It seems they had totally changed the format from when we went, & she said it was cheesy (she is a diehard rennie, too).

We went at BARF with a huge group from the forum on St. Molden's weekend a couple of years ago.  Madge Estes from this forum is the queen there, so of course, it was way fun to have tea with a queen whom we know, and who was ready to share with us and interact maybe more than usual.

Even so, most of the people at either location were not rennies, and both were geared towards them.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Molden

I won't add much to what Lady Renee shared on BARF as she summed it up well.

I will say I have seen the Queen's Tea at BARF change over the years. Initially, it was more geared toward entertainment and play. Acts from the shire would pop in to interact with the audience and Court. Then the Tea would end with a game.

Due to space available (it is heavily attended at BARF), the games have been moved to the lanes. The Tea has become more educational - which is really cool (about everything from different teas, tea ceremonies, definition of high tea, etc.) and allows for closer interaction with Madge Estes - Her Royal Highness.

I think each is a different experience depending on the Faire.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Ser Niall

I'm planning on taking my lady to the Royal High Tea at the MI Ren Fest.  I'll post a review after.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Nidhoggr

Queen's Tea at KYREN is a beverage... Got me excited.

iain robb

Quote from: Molden on September 06, 2012, 10:52:54 AM
Due to space available (it is heavily attended at BARF), the games have been moved to the lanes. The Tea has become more educational - which is really cool (about everything from different teas, tea ceremonies, definition of high tea, etc.) and allows for closer interaction with Madge Estes - Her Royal Highness.

Madge is wonderfully entertaining as she educates. I am not really interested in tea at all, and last Molden's Day joined the crew at the BARF Queen's Tea (sorry for how that sounds), and it was grand. I can't speak for any other Faires, but I may get back to the tea at Bay Area.

Ser Niall

Unfortunately, we never made it to the Queen's Royal Tea at MI Ren Fest.  We had our tickets, and were waiting in line, but the Feast of Fantasy had run over, so the tea was delayed at least 30 minutes.  We were under a bit of a time crunch, having to leave at 5 (tea was supposed to start at 4, we would have just made it if it started on time).  We ended up selling our tickets to some others.   I spoke with some others waiting in line, they said that it's definitely worth going to, and that they go every year.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

Orphena

Thanks all for the information! It seems it really depends on which Faire! I suppose I shall continue to think about it, and ask the locals if I decide to try one!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles