News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What Other Kind Of Nerd Are You?

Started by Craigmeister, February 06, 2021, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

All of us here must be blessed to be Renaissance nerds to some degree or another.  What other kind of nerdish things do you partake in?

As for me, I'm into Star Wars (though not all of the latter movies).  I'm quite into astronomy, meteorology and military history.

I used to read comic books as a teen until the price got up to $2 apiece.  I would read all kinds of comics but mostly DC when it came to superheroes.  Marvel definitely now makes better movies than DC (they're just funnier).

I've never been to a comic con but I went to a few Star Trek conventions in Tulsa in the early 90's.  I remember seeing David Prowse, Peter Mayhew, Michael Dorn and Terry Farrell.  Why did I quit going to those???
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

RefMom3

My youngest daughter introduced me to the world of anime several years ago, and we went to ACEN (Anime Central in Rosemont, IL) for several years. She never did get me to cosplay, though ;) For a few years, I was even a moderator on a fan forum for a voice actor. Average age of participants was about 17, but I talked with several of the kids who appreciated an adult who wasn't ridiculing their passion. I was  also a Star Wars nerd for a while, and now my middlest child has taken that up. I refer to Terry Pratchett and Discworld a lot... Nerds can be a fun bunch to hang around with  :)