News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Prayers needed

Started by LadyJessica, June 05, 2021, 01:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJessica

The other week, on our way home from Sherwood, Elditari and I stopped by Fraser's to drop off some bottles and say hi.  I'll be honest, he didn't look good.  His whole left side was swollen, he had a slight limp, and his voice was a bit more mumbled than usual.  He said that he doesn't have a whole lot of feeling in his fingers and toes but he had a Dr appt. the following Tuesday.  I told him to keep me up to date.

The message I got from him after that appt. was that he had hyper tension and high blood pressure and the Dr was going to order an MRI for the arm and leg problems as he thought that it my stem from his previous neck issues.

I just got a call about 30 minutes ago from him.  They found a mass near or in his brain and his Dr. scheduled a surgery for today.  I couldn't get too much out of him as it sounded like it was a struggle for him to speak.  I asked him to have his wife call me once the surgery is complete to let us know how he's doing.  As soon as I get more info I'll let everyone know here.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Trillium

Wow! How scary! Sending lots of healing thoughts to him.
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Thank you for keeping us posted Jessica. I hope his surgery goes well. Let us know what you learn.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

LadyJessica

Update - From Fraser: Ok...here we go.
Benign tumor attached to my brain stem/spine, which was causing the issues we talked about.

Being released today but coming back in a couple of weeks to get this fumbling alien cut out of my head. Things will still be a bit dicey but things look much better than they did Friday.

Relay my thanks to everyone. All of your thoughts, prayers and strength helped me get through this really rough spot in my life.

Love all of you!

As of 6pm ish he's home.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP

KeeperoftheBar

HAZZAH!!!
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

PollyPoPo

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

KiltedPrivateer

Great to hear. Thank you Jessica
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Ain't dead yet and don't plan on it anytime soon!

*although I've been humbled enough to take any prayers or strength offered*

I knew I should've looked closer before jumping on the Countdown and making a maudlin post...thank you, Jess...

Still have a heavy dash of stubborn "Johnny Bull" still in me and I won't let this stop me.  God willing, we'll swilling down Loki come AHE.

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

Glad to hear you're still with us and doing better Fraser. I fully understand the hard-headedness. Got a touch of that myself. My wife gets quite irate with me when I wait until the last minute visit the doc. Fortunately, I haven't waited till the very last minute if you know what I mean (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Seemed like age, at first, KP but it snowballed and no insurance kept me from going to the Dr.

Until the Wife stepped in.

She loves me and likes having me around ...even after putting up with me for almost 30 years.

Now I need to wade through all the BS...Until it's time to fight.

I'm wonder if the doctors would mind me painting my face blue with Wode.....hmmmm...
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on June 14, 2021, 02:07:16 PM
Seemed like age, at first, KP but it snowballed and no insurance kept me from going to the Dr.

She loves me and likes having me around ...even after putting up with me for almost 30 years.

I'm wonder if the doctors would mind me painting my face blue with Wode.....hmmmm...

Thought of using the VA?  They would likely let you use the Wode.   My Dad always went to them as does Dan Thompson (Thompson's Fine Arts at Scarborough and TRF).
Just a thought
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on June 14, 2021, 03:48:02 PM
Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on June 14, 2021, 02:07:16 PM

Thought of using the VA?  They would likely let you use the Wode.   My Dad always went to them as does Dan Thompson (Thompson's Fine Arts at Scarborough and TRF).
Just a thought

The VA...oh my...no thank you unless I get desperate. 

Bad things, man....Bad things.  Lol

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Sir Martin

Haven't checked in in a while, but certainly adding you to my prayers, Fraser!

Merlin the Elder

Damn! I go away for a while and come back to this?? Fraser, I am pleased to know that it was benign, and wish you a full recovery.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyJessica

News from Fraser:
He goes in on the 22nd for an angioplasty to see if they can cut off blood flow to the tumor which will help in the next surgery on the 26th to remove the tumor.  The operation on the 26th will be about 8 hours long.  He was told that it's either he has the operation or be a basic vegetable by Christmas.

The surgeon is one of the best and told him that he's done this operation many times before BUT the operation is where the spine meets the skull and he's only human so he will do his very best to not fumble it up.  They have to remove part of the skull to remove the tumor, but the doctor has stated that he's 90% certain that it's benign.

Keep the prayers and well wishes coming and I have let him know that if they need anything to let us know.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP