News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need Website Or Book Of Faces Assistance?

Started by Craigmeister, November 14, 2021, 01:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

While I was interviewing a stone carver today, he told me that he needs someone to run his Book of Faces page and his website.  He is older than I am (I'm in my early 50's) and he needs to spend more time carving stones and wood.  I also know a leather worker in the same predicament.

Is this a common situation across the country?

I'm not offering my services, I'm looking for solutions.  My website host is great about having tutorials and will pick up the phone 24/7 if I need assistance but I don't know if many vendors, performers or Renfaire boards are hiring people or companies to provide this type of support.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

groomporter

I think there's a lot of crafters who could benefit from a better social media presence as well as better websites. The problem is a lot of us don't have new products or offer discounts/coupons that often, or have spare cash to hire someone who knows what they are doing. Also creating relevant content that's personalized to that business might be harder for someone unless they are working fairly close with the artist(s), or charging a fair amount.

I'm fairly active with our online presence, but part of that is because of my history interests help me find tidbits about the history of games and gambling to include as posts when I don't have something to post about the actual wares we sell.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Craigmeister

I thought that might be part of the situation, groomporter.  Artisans not having time or extra funds to spend on increasing their web presence.

I wonder if college or technical school IT students need projects for class or to pad their resume'.  Has anyone tried that route?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.