News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new gown for the Queen

Started by Ladyfair, August 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladyfair

Our most talented Flidias is designing and creating a most wondrous gown made just for our Queen. 
Many hours of drawing and planning are going into making this unique and like no other seen before. 
Now that the Queen has chosen her fabrics and colors this gown creation is now taking form. 

Next shall be the choosing of the jewels and trim, then the beading party can begin.

::)
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Madge Estes

I have to say, I am extremely excited.  It took us - Ladyfair, Lady Ann, Flidais, her lovely (and very patient) daughter and me - many hours of shopping both in store and online to find the truly spectacular.  But I think we have located something quite stunning, and I can't wait to see - and wear - the final product!  Check here for updates!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Lord Virgil

Will this new lovely dress also be accompanied by a new scepter to fend off the advances of the King of Spain and other suitors?  If it is as lovely as you speak, you will require a larger security force to protect your honor, your majesty!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

nliedel

Alas, the King of Spain will not be attending this year, but Raleigh is a new member of our cast and I'm sure he will bore her ear off with potato talk.

I suspect certain queens could show up in burlap and twine and look regal.

You still scare the skittles outta me. I love the Pavand (sp) and when I said it and our queen gave me the look of death I had to remind myself that she really can't cut off my head. LOL!!!!
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Anna Iram

A little birdy has been singing in my ear about your lovely new gown. Though I've not heard the final choice of fabrics. I cannot wait to see the creation! Bet it will be just scrumptious!

WaywardWench

Oh Goodie.....!!!!
Your Grace... um... may I have your (old.... ancient.... boring....) red one? 0:)
(closes eyes, cringes and waits for the THWAMP)

Katie Bookwench

Why stop at the THWAP when you can go for the TOWER?!?
Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

Dark Wolf

I can't think of anyone that deserves a new gown more than our Queen!
There is nothing better in this world than my rennie family and friends, for without them, I am nothing.

TinGoliath

Big Security will be there throughout the season, as Captain Saffron does come up around my shoulder, and I will be there personally on the Final weekend, the Biggest security of all. :)
You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: TinGoliath on August 12, 2008, 06:49:18 PM
Big Security will be there throughout the season, as Captain Saffron does come up around my shoulder, and I will be there personally on the Final weekend, the Biggest security of all. :)

Hey Goliath!!  Wenchie told me to say HI to you if I saw you at Faire.  Since we're going Opening Weekend and it sounds like you're going Closing Weekend, I'll just say HI now.  So, HI!!

LadyMeg

OOO!  A new dress!  I'm sure it will be beautiful and no one deserves it more!
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Madge Estes

Sorry Wayward Wench, ;-) but the red velvet is still in good condition and I wear it especially on cold days, as it is very warm... and VERY VERY heavy.  Just ask Flidais, Lady ann and Ladyfair who all lifted it the other evening.

This new dress is all about ER's often spoken thought "Too much is not enough!"

And the Pavane!  Ack.  Elizabeth hates that dance because it is boring.  One can often see her yawning through the dance, hence it's ending very quickly to move on to more spirited dances!
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Escarlata

*chuckling wickedly, the succubus wonders whether our good Queen remembered to pack the new bloomers and whether they will look nice under the new dress*
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

WaywardWench

Quote from: Madge Estes on August 14, 2008, 03:19:47 PM
Sorry Wayward Wench, ;-) but the red velvet is still in good condition and I wear it especially on cold days, as it is very warm... and VERY VERY heavy.  Just ask Flidais, Lady ann and Ladyfair who all lifted it the other evening.
This new dress is all about ER's often spoken thought "Too much is not enough!"
*snip*

I could help with that Your Grace. I would be happy to take the "shineys" off of it and make it lighter.  Your visage shines so brightly you have no need of all that "heavy" gold lace. 

LadyAnn

M.E. is going to look even more radiant then she already does! *curtsey* ;D
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"