News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new gown for the Queen

Started by Ladyfair, August 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkranger

It's always nice to see such craftmenship on such a stunning Queen, I can't wait to see it.  :)
Pathfinder,,FOKTOP

Lady Gwyndolyn

With the most talented Flidais at the machine.... it is going to be sooooo stuning!!  If it is anywhere near what she makes for herself, our Queen is going to be the most glorious in the land!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

flidais

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on August 18, 2008, 08:53:51 AM
With the most talented Flidais at the machine.... it is going to be sooooo stuning!!  If it is anywhere near what she makes for herself, our Queen is going to be the most glorious in the land!!

Grammercy Lady Gwyndolyn, you are too kind!

Lady Gwyndolyn

Quote from: flidais on August 19, 2008, 05:38:55 AM
Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on August 18, 2008, 08:53:51 AM

Grammercy Lady Gwyndolyn, you are too kind!

Nay dear lady, you are so kind to do such a wonderful thing for another wonderful lady.  And when it comes to the beauty of your gowns, I speak the truth!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Madge Estes

Escarlata-  I indeed remembered to pack my new bloomers!  Looking forward to the cool days when they will be most welcome.  Can't wait to show them off... I mean... the Queen would NEVER do that! ;-)

And WaywardWench-  Love, I have given you shinies aplenty to keep your eye from wandering toward mine...  Are you saying you're lacking?  And as you WELL know, it ain't the lace. baby, but all that velvet... You thinnk you can't keep up with me now?  try hauling that 50 pound garment on your bod all day! ;-)
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Katie Bookwench

Quote from: Madge Estes on August 20, 2008, 12:32:56 PM
And WaywardWench-  Love, I have given you shinies aplenty to keep your eye from wandering toward mine...  Are you saying you're lacking? 

Perchance You have spoilt her with all those shiny bits.

Or simply dazzled her beyond wit.

Come to think on't, the second more handily appears to be the way of it.

Quote from: Madge Estes on August 20, 2008, 12:32:56 PM
And as you WELL know, it ain't the lace. baby, but all that velvet... You thinnk you can't keep up with me now?  try hauling that 50 pound garment on your bod all day! ;-)

I reckon, Our Most Graycious Queen, that WW would have little trouble carrying e'en the heaviest garments if she had but one room in the Tower to pace.

Katie O'Connell - Hollygrove Library
(aka The Bookwench)
Licensed Wench - IWG Local 57

TinGoliath

*Pondering a few Madness modicums for Final weekend*

*A shiny tin Wayward Wench puppet so she can be distracted by her shiny self*

*A tin Duke Fairfax with Queen Dress and Wig/Crown accessory for the days he stands in*

*If the Pavane is announced at Closing Weekend, Espressos all around for the Musicians, then conduct them myself to play the Pavane at 6 times normal speed, minimum.  That should make it less boring. ;)*

*Looking forward to seeing photos of the new dress to test my tinsmithing skills*
You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

Madge Estes

Woot!  Ladyfair says the fabric is in.  Anna Iram has seen it to... Both of them before me! :-(  I can't wait til I get back into MI tomorrow so I can see it too!!!

Pipere

Quote from: TinGoliath on August 20, 2008, 06:15:37 PM

*If the Pavane is announced at Closing Weekend, Espressos all around for the Musicians, then conduct them myself to play the Pavane at 6 times normal speed, minimum.  That should make it less boring. ;)*

I.... I love you somuch for that.
Margraffin Katya Ghuttzout- Vulgarian overlady
Balquis al-Quasim- Turkish assassin
& the lazy college student Jeni

Lady Gwyndolyn

Soooo... noone has asked the questions yet...

What color is it???

Will it be done before our gracious Queen leaves us for the Southern Shire so that we can all see the wonderful work of Flidias and the beauty of our Queen??? 

Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Madge Estes

I am leaving the color as a surprise, although some folks saw it this past weekend at Ladyfair's booth.  Let's just say there will be no chance of missing it... In fact, you might be able to see me from half way across the site.  No more hiding from the gaurds!

If all goes as planned, it will be debuted here in the next couple of weeks.

pineridge

HMRM WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE A NEW SCEPTRE!!   :)

two words,,, therapy.

Jon Foster

Is it ok to post pictures of the new dress now?

I thought the Queens new dress was fantastic.

Jon.

TinGoliath

That looks like her Purple dress.  I'd know that one anywhere.
You do not need a patch or badge on your sleeve to show you have honor.

Margaret

Yep - that is a lovely gown, but it is one of her oldest ones.

No new one yet.

/sits and waits impatiently to see it.....  ;)
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)