News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A new gown for the Queen

Started by Ladyfair, August 12, 2008, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Foster

I thought this was the new one.

Jon.

maelstrom0370

Quote from: Jon Foster on September 07, 2008, 09:12:57 PM
Is it ok to post pictures of the new dress now?

I thought the Queens new dress was fantastic.

Jon.

I realize she's our Queen and that we all love her, but that expression is begging for a caption!!  ::) :P

"You, sir, should seriously reconsider tights as a garb option"
"God shave the Queen?  Haven't heard that one before.  Now where's my sceptor?"

LadyAnn

Quote from: Margaret on September 08, 2008, 05:33:20 AM
Yep - that is a lovely gown, but it is one of her oldest ones.

No new one yet.

/sits and waits impatiently to see it.....  ;)
There has been a delay with the the contrast fabric.  :(
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Madge Estes

Indeed, Jon, the purple gown is my oldest.  Only worn when it is raining or muddy, and as Sunday started with rain, on went the purple dress.  I guess it has become a weather indicator to people who know! ;-)
Live so your dreams recognize you.

Jon Foster

My wife has been saying "I told you it's not her new dress" since I told her it was the new dress on Sunday.  :-\ Ok, so it's not new and it's only a "bad weather" outfit. But I still think it's cool and looks great.  :)

Jon.

pineridge

Jon, I remember seeing that dress in prior years, but I agree with you the colors and lacework make it 'fit for a Queen' (shameless) :) .

I posted here before I saw the Pic o' the day thread that canonman started.  Very nice shots from youpself and canonman. The pic I posted here was of the parade, when I brought the lens up on HMRM she was enjoying a pickle!! I couldn't help but laugh as she flashed that smile in the pic after removing the pickle!!!!

Cheers!
two words,,, therapy.

Cyron

Quote from: Madge Estes on September 08, 2008, 04:08:41 PM
Indeed, Jon, the purple gown is my oldest.  Only worn when it is raining or muddy, and as Sunday started with rain, on went the purple dress.  I guess it has become a weather indicator to people who know! ;-)

but the weather changed soon after opening :).. its a very nice dress though.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Jon Foster

Our youngest daughter really likes the pearls sewn onto the sleeves. It gives it the royal feel. She wants to spice up her own gown with things like that.

Jon.

Margaret

Pearls are ALWAYS the way to go when spiffing up a 'Bethan gown.

/pouts about the stinkin' contrast fabric issues for da Queenie's new gown. 

Sorry to hear about the delay - that can be so very frustrating.
Mistress Margaret Baynham
The Sweete Ladye
IWG #1656 MCL
wench.org (IWG forums)
ibrsc.org (IBRSC forums)

Ladyfair

Another day of shopping with Flidias and Madge Estes has resulted in finding the perfect fabric for the stunning

The beading party will begin in a few days...... hint...hint.....right after the Queen decides on what shall be sewn..... the best crystals, pearls, and beads......so many to choose from........ giggle....... now to find my thimbles.....
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Lady Gwyndolyn

I love doing the beading.  It can be so relaxing.  And so much fun and excitement to watch it all come together.  A way to make a plain fabric something so very special.  Though, with our beautiful Queen, it doesn't matter what the fabric is, she makes it something special just by putting it on!! 
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Lady Gwyndolyn on September 11, 2008, 09:29:00 AM
I love doing the beading.  It can be so relaxing.  And so much fun and excitement to watch it all come together.  A way to make a plain fabric something so very special.  Though, with our beautiful Queen, it doesn't matter what the fabric is, she makes it something special just by putting it on!! 

I agree, our queen would look regal in a garbage bag.  Luckily for her, she has some phenominal seamstresses making her dresses that put her in a whole different league!  Thank you all for all that you do!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Cyron

Quote from: Lord Virgil on September 11, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
I agree, our queen would look regal in a garbage bag. 

i'm sorry but that made me laugh very hard.. but as he said its very true and who ever makes those dresses i have seen is outstanding.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Cyron on September 11, 2008, 07:12:36 PM
Quote from: Lord Virgil on September 11, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
I agree, our queen would look regal in a garbage bag. 

i'm sorry but that made me laugh very hard.. but as he said its very true and who ever makes those dresses i have seen is outstanding.

Just part of my charm I guess,  ;D
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!