News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking For A Transporting Alternative For My Pop-Up

Started by Craigmeister, April 14, 2022, 10:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Good day.  The zipper on the bag I got my pop-up tent in ran the length of the bag and broke after just 3 uses.  Sometimes, I have to park quite a ways from where I set up so I'm not overjoyed with toting that thing hundreds of yards.

I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have figured out an alternative to carrying around a pop-up tent.  Do some of you use a 2-wheeled dolly?  Has anyone figure out another type of bag to put the frame and tent in?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

Has anybody used a 2-wheel Dolly to transport their tent (or boxes) for that matter around faire grounds?  I'm thinking I could use some bungee chords to keep my tent from falling off.  I could also use the Dolly to cut down the number of trips back and forth to my car for my boxes.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Trillium

I imagine a dolly would work perfectly. Just make sure it has bigger wheels to handle the dirt and grass.
Got faerie dust?

Craigmeister

Grammercy, Trillium.  I was looking at Dolly's a couple of months ago.  It's hard to find some that come with knobby, solid rubber tires.  I don't want inflatable tires as they're a pain to keep inflated.  If they go flat, they're just about worthless.

Craigmeister

Update:  I bought a dolly last weekend to haul around my tent.  HOWEVER, it was too big to get underneath my tent in my trunk.  I took the dolly back but kept the bungee chords I bought.  I wrapped them around my tent and wheeled cover to keep them together.  That worked fine in front of my house.  I imagine it should work on faire sites as well.  That saved me 80 bucks so I'm happy about that.  Huzzah!

laedyfaire

sounds like a good solution and saving money is always a plus  :)