News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

History Of The American Renfest Book

Started by Craigmeister, December 22, 2022, 12:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Looking for that perfect gift for your fairemily member?  This book would be a good fit under the Christmas tree.  It follows the spread of Renfests from California eastward over the 20th century.  It also correctly notes on Page 97 that America's 1st Renfest was at Withrow Springs in Arkansas.

It mentions the Norman Medfaire, Sherwood Forest Faire and others around the south-central part of the U.S.  Before reading it, I didn't know that Penn & Teller or Jim Belushi had performed at Renfests.  This book would be a good way to tide one over until the start of the 2023 faire season.

https://www.amazon.com/History-American-Renaissance-Festival-Hippies/dp/B09NHD9FSK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3ROGAT5ENE5J&keywords=history%20of%20the%20american%20renaissance%20festival&qid=1670353300&sprefix=history%20of%20the%20american%20renaissa%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-1&fbclid=IwAR3dw7SYVzymRzrVjt641fAvu7x5gUglvOhaWjC8k6vBlgd9ZRm4yNSdSzI
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

laedyfaire

RefMom3

It looks like something that might have to find its way to my house some day  :)

Craigmeister

Last week at the Norman Medfair, I met Smee.  He wrote the American Renfest History book.  He said that he has to write another 1 or 3 books to capture the stories many of his friends didn't find in his first book.  Keep an eye out...
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

wow thats awesome. I will keep an eye out for these books
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.