News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild Rose Renaissance Faire

Started by TiaLD77, August 12, 2008, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiaLD77

I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Professor M

It's too soon to know, but I'm going to try to go up there for at least one day.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Rahne

This is right close to my Home in Corry, PA.  Went last year, it was fun but small.  I was just checking out thier web sight and it looks to be growing a bit this year.  I'll be there opening weekend, not sure yet if I'll be there both days or just Sunday though.
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Rahne

I've been out helping them get set up for the past two weekends.  It is starting to shape up.  It is still very small, but they have a cast put together and there is an ongoing show through out the day.  There will be a black smith there a few days from what I understand.  There is an interactive story stage for the kids.  This is a great group of people and it promises to be a fun season.  Hope to see some of you there.
Mark Twain

Rahne

They made it through the first weekend with a fare showing 20 patrons the first day and about 26 the second day.  They have 2 shows, a pirate show and a magic show, both a good shows.  There are also about 10 vendors and 2 food stands.  The cast is a lot of fun and interacts well with eachother and the patrons at the faire. It is still very small, but is a fun faire.  Really need some people to come though.  Next weekend is Pirate weekend.
Mark Twain

TiaLD77

I hope to make it up for their SCA weekend!

Rahne

I'll look forward to seeing you and getting to know you in person.  I just got my R/F pin so I will be wearing it, My husband also will be there and wearing his pin.  Bring as many people as you can with you the faire really needs a lot of support if it is to continue.
Mark Twain

Rahne

There was a Celtic music group added this weekend.  The magic show continues.  For any one familiar with Porter and Stout, the magician is Vinny (Porter) and his assistant is Jenny.  They are very entertaining to watch, and it is a very interactive show with a lot of audience participation.  The pirate comedy show is Live From the Pirate Isles, and they are fun to watch as well.  There is  new act being added next weekend, an Acapella singing group that does the more adult faire songs.  Did not catch the name, but they are friends of Vinny and Jenny. 
This up coming weekend is SCA weekend, and on Saturday there will be a door prize of a Knife/dagger that the sword vendor is donating, you can sign up to win it at the gate.  There will be at least one door prize each of the 4 remaining faire days.   For the dagger you must be 18.  For all prizes the drawing will be held at the pub sing and you must be present to win.  With the additional shows being added though it is easy to spend 4 or 5 hours at the faire now.  Also the SCA will be set up this weekend with some information and demonstrations.  Hope to see some of you there.
Mark Twain

SueB

Hey there!  We are Nevaron (folks in the green) and the name of our band is "Ar Eigean Gael".  Matt (our lead singer) is good friends with Jen and Vinnie.  It was our first weekend there and we had a ball!  The cast members had me laughing throughout the day.  The Faire in general (I thought) was warm and inviting.  It was fun to walk around and see the various skits going on.  The younger crowd did an excellent job.  We loved watching them dance around as we were playing.  I am going to advertise as much as I can for these next few weekends.  Huzzah to Jessica, her husband and everybody who helped out to make the Faire a success! 

Rahne

Thank you SueB, I had no Idea how to spell the name of your group.  You were wonderful to listen to this weekend and having musical accompaniment added so much to the pub sing.  Hope you continue to enjoy your time at the faire for the next few weeks.

Mark Twain

Rahne

http://www.myspace.com/damsilfly 
I have some photos from last Sunday at my myspace page if any one wants to take a look.  They are mostly of The magic show, I'll get more and post them this weekend.
Mark Twain

TiaLD77

it looks like I wont be makign it up there after all...family obligations have intervened. I hope they have had a truely good run & will continue the fest next year as well!

Rahne

Each weekend the attendance has improved.  This weekend will be a bit of a test with the colder weather.  Hope the steady increase continues.  Sorry you won't be able to make it TiaLD77.  Would have enjoyed meeting you.  Perhaps next weekend, or with any luck next year It will continue.  They have grown some this year and had increased attendance.  Will have to see how the end of the year numbers come out to see if their is some money in the bank to go again next year.
Mark Twain

metalcelt

I have had a great time at the Wild Rose Faire these last couple weeks.

I am Matt from Ar Eigean Gael

Looking forward to the last weekend, I will be playing without the band as a couple members couldn't make it for the last weekend. I am really hoping that they will continue.

The Faire is about 2 1/2 hours from three major cities, so if you are from Buffalo, Cleveland or Pittsburgh, come check out this small but fun Faire before they close for the season. The last weekend is Italian Carnivale weekend!

Rahne

http://www.myspace.com/damsilfly
More photos from this past weekend are finally up.  This is the final weekend.  It has been so much fun.  I really like Great Lakes, and enjoyed the Ohio Renaissance faire as well this year, but it is also very nice going to this small faire because you get a chance to interact with all of the performers and cast and get a chance to get to know some of them.  The bigger faires are much busier and there is not as much time for the small things. I hope that it does grow, but that it does not loose the comfortable and friendly atmosphere that it has.
Mark Twain