News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Jersey Renaissance Faire

Started by Bob of the Lake, May 26, 2011, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob of the Lake

The New Jersey Renaissance Faire (www.njrenfaire.com) opens on June 4 for a two-week run. I didn't know about it last year so didn't attend but I'm planning to go at least one of the 2 weekends this year. Just wondering if there are any other R/F.com members planning on going.

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Jay Byrd

BubbleWright

NJRF is located in Bordentown, NJ. See clicky for directions:

CLICKY>>>>>>> http://www.njrenfaire.com/Directions.html

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Got there yesterday with my daughter for opening day and had a great time. It was our first visit to NJRF and will likely not be our last. It impressed me as a very family-friendly faire and there were lots of kids, parents, and grandparents there. Those of you with small children, I can heartily recommend NJRF!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

McGuinness

I was there today. Great cast and vendors (I know a lot of them from PaRF) and the grounds are beautiful!

BubbleWright

The dates for 2012 are June 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th 11AM to 6PM.

http://www.njrenfaire.com/Home.html

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

I plan on being there tomorrow for opening day. Will you be there, BubbleWright?
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Alas and alack, nay. I plan to visit the Shire on the  9th. I donated the Renaissance Bubble Machine to them and they let me play with it when I visit.  ;D ;D ;D

Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Well then, I just may have to visit on the 9th too!   :D It would be a pleasure to meet you and I have long wanted to see the Bubble Machine in action! 
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Bob of the Lake

Bubblewright, it was a pleasure to meet and chat with you yesterday. You have some fascinating stories to tell and I learned a lot about bubble solution! It was also great fun to watch the Renaissance Bubble Machine in action--and just as fun to watch the kids running around chasing the bubbles and squealing with pleasure! I hope our paths cross again--perhaps at PARF. Cheers!
            - Hammy the Squirrel

BubbleWright

Indeed, it was good to meet you too Sir and put a face to a name of a fellow RF correspondent. Although the Renaissance Bubble Machine is now property of the NJRF, I have visitation rights and get to play when I visit. As I have a season pass for PARF, I shall be there every Saturday I can make it. See you in the past.......  Felix
   Antoine de St. Exupery