News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild Rose Renaissance Faire

Started by TiaLD77, August 12, 2008, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rahne

The season is done for the year.  It has been a lot of fun.  The weather was not good the last 2 weekends and numbers were really down because of it.  306 for the season most of which were in the first 2 weekends with almost half of the attendance in week 2.  There are plans at this time to continue next year.  When details are known I'll start posting.
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

metalcelt

On behalf of myself and my band Ar Eigean Gael. I would like to say thanks to the staff and thanks to all the folks who made it out. Hope to see you all next year and remember to tell your friends about this great little Faire :)

Rahne

Sight preparation for this year has begun.  We will be holding the faire the first three weekends in October this year.  From the 3rd to the 18th.  We have begun planting some trees and flowers to try to make the grounds look nicer, and hopefully in a few years have a little shade.  Just wanted to post and let everyon know that the faire will be up and running again this year so anyone who wishes to pay us a visit can put it into your faire calender.
Mark Twain

Rahne

Just an update to any who may be interested in attending this year.  We are runnig the first 3 weekends in October.  The cost has been reduced to $5 per person and children 5 and under are free.  There will be crafts and games in the Fairy Forest area.  The theamed weekends are
1: Romance and Fantasy
2: Pirate
3: SCA  There will be an SCA horse group there and some demonstration jousting will be done this weekend.
Hope to see some of you there.
Mark Twain

Rahne

Sight prep is coming along well, Just got one of the stages painted and rebuilding another.  We have been able to get a few flower gardens planted and done some work on the atmosphere for the faire. 
There are several vendors we are hoping to have in, I'll post when I have a definite list, and Also when I know all of the entertainment details.
right now all I know for sure is
Live from the Pirate Isles, they do fire eating and comedy and such
Off Keel, Celtic music and sea shanties.
There will be a black smith and 3rd weekend only SCA demonstration Jousting
Mark Twain

Rahne

Entertainment update
All 3 weekends Live from the Pirate Isles (fire eating comedy show)
Antonio De Luna, Axe and knife throwing
Cast performances and sword fighting

2nd and 3rd weekend Off Keel

3rd weekend Shattered Shakespeare (Vinney from porter and Stout, and John former king at Pittsburgh faire)
Also an SCA Horse group will be doing demonstration jousting.

This is just what I have currently confirmed there is more.
Mark Twain

Rahne

Well in spite of the rain, mud and yes even snow we survived the 2009 season, finishing off with a rather interesting weekend in the upstairs of the Barn 8).  Next year the faire will be the first 3 weekends in June.  Hoping for warmer and dryer weather.  Hope to see you all there.
Mark Twain

Rahne

Just letting every one know that the Wild Rose Ren Faire will be running the first three weekends in June this year.  Hoping for better weather than we have been seeing in October.  We have about 12 vendors coming and some new entertainment.  Hope to see you there.
Mark Twain

jarethmorgan

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that we will be bringing several different acts to the festival this year! Shattered Shakespeare will be there, with our rendition of "Romeo & Juliet"...AND, if we can get it done, we will also be performing our new show "Green Eggs & Hamlet".

Jenny and I will be performing our "Droolin' Jack & Jenny's Comedy/Danger Show", as well as performing music as "The Plunder Doggs". We will also have our new, four-part, pirate group, "The Rum Runners" there!

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

All my best wishes,

Vinny

Jay Byrd

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rahne

any one needing directions or additional information send me a message and I'll help you out as best as I can.
Mark Twain

Xantrawler

This will be the wife and I first trip to your faire and we are looking forward to it. Only a two hour trip to your location and from what I have seen it looks well worth it. We have settled on the first first weekend, as I feel it is only right, after everything that my wife had to put up with me these past few months. (I'm a cancer survivor) Attending Ren Faires is one of the things that have helped keep my Spirit up so I am happy you moved the dates. Look forward to seeing you all this weekend.

Rahne

So glad that you have decided to make the trip we look forward to seeing you.  I will be dressed as a pirate I have a maroon feather in my hat.  Come up and say hello I'd be happy to introduce you to the cast and crew and show you around.
Mark Twain

jarethmorgan

Greetings Friends!

"Droolin' Jack" Porter here...er, I mean Vinny here...(formerly of "Porter & Stout"). Just wanted to let everyone know that my new project, "The Plunder Doggs" has just released our first CD, The Plunder Doggs - "Beg Fer Yer Biscuit".

We (myself and Jenny) will be performing for the next three weekends at the Wild Rose Renaissance Faire, in Columbus, PA. where we will also be bringing our "Shattered Shakespeare" show, for double the fun! We will also be performing in the lanes at Great lakes Medieval Faire and we will be on the "Pirate Pub" Stage, at the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival this season.

Stop by and say hello.

CD's will be available at the performances and also on our website at www.vincentmagic.com or through Kunaki (our manufacturer) http://www.kunaki.com/MSales.asp?PublisherId=118893

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this season.

With my best wishes,
Vinny