News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

B Gate for Site IDs?

Started by Charlotte Rowan, August 12, 2008, 11:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

For fellow participants... does anyone know how late B Gate will be open Friday to get IDs renewed? My 4-year site ID ran out last year so I need to get a new one made and I don't relish the idea of waiting in the line at 7am on Saturday!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Will Gamwell

I wouldn't imagine that B Gate would be open much later than 5pm.  Who knows some days.  I would recommend calling the MAF office and asking someone there.

which reminds me...I have to get a new pass this year as well.

Random Girl

Quote from: Rafe on August 12, 2008, 11:15:54 AM
which reminds me...I have to get a new pass this year as well.

ha ha!!!

As you probably remember I sent in this avatar and they made my SS ID out of it.  Bonnie thought it was hilarious.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Will Gamwell

I want to send in a picture of my body with a llama's head in place of mine. 

DeadBishop

You should be able to email them a headshot type photo of yourself and have a new one ready and waiting for you.  That's what I did last year.

R/F.com member since 2003

Kiss-me-Kate

What if you haven't renewed your perfectly crappy photo'd one from last year?

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Will Gamwell

They keep your most recent photo on file.  Which in my case my current pass is good for several more years.  But it has yellow and red bars with the SS cross and says Safety Services.  Now that I am entertainment and not allowed to be SS this year, I need a new pass.

Muffin

Any word on the Jaycee's passes? Did we get a bump in the number they will allow?

Should have kept my pass, darn it anyways!!!

*edit* nevermind... got an email from the trusty roster chick as I was typing this question.. ha! Got to love that!!!  :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Deadbishop on August 12, 2008, 08:14:16 PM
You should be able to email them a headshot type photo of yourself and have a new one ready and waiting for you.  That's what I did last year.

Ah! That sounds perfect. Who do I send that to?

dorkyfaerie

DB - Who'd you email?  I have to get a new non CKC id and Jim put me on some list...

DeadBishop

Honestly I don't even remember now.  I went back through my old emails to see if I still had the contact info, but no luck.  I'd call the office and get the email address that it needs to be sent to. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Will Gamwell

I don't know that there is a specific email address for non-entertainment passes and the like, but the email address that I sent my info to for my new pass was renfestmn (at) gmail (dot) com.

You could always send the info there and indicate in the subject line which area you are in.

Sean

dorkyfaerie

Okay... question for the SS folks out there...  I need to drop stuff off and decorate the mead booth tomorrow after work, but I likely won't have my pass yet.  If I'm out there early evening, am I going to be able to get on site without a pass? 

Charlotte Rowan

Will try that, thanks Rafe.

Random Girl

Quote from: dorkyfaerie on August 14, 2008, 08:49:44 AM
Okay... question for the SS folks out there...  I need to drop stuff off and decorate the mead booth tomorrow after work, but I likely won't have my pass yet.  If I'm out there early evening, am I going to be able to get on site without a pass? 

You should be ok, if you get stopped just say you don't have your pass yet, here is where I work, this is my supervisors name etc etc and usually they don't care.  And I am dispatch tomorrow so I can vouch for your validity.  ^_^
~~Nessa~~

Muffin

Quote from: harem_pants on August 14, 2008, 08:59:49 AM

You should be ok, if you get stopped just say you don't have your pass yet, here is where I work, this is my supervisors name etc etc and usually they don't care.  And I am dispatch tomorrow so I can vouch for your validity.  ^_^

It's true... it's not what you know it's who you know!! Hi Ness!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: harem_pants on August 14, 2008, 08:59:49 AM

Or just tell them you have MEAD Dorky....that would work for me I was working out there...  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Will Gamwell

Hey!  They are SS!  Just put on your bodice before you leave home and you won't have a problem getting on site.  You may want to bring some wetnaps to clean up the drool though.   :o :P

Random Girl

Yeah but this is night crew and we are rather jaded...I mean come on...Hanns?  Drool?  Not going to happen...now Tens...that's a different story.
~~Nessa~~

Will Gamwell

Jaded?!  You mean twisted & demented! 

Random Girl

There is that, I wonder if I still have the pictures from that teddy bear last year.
~~Nessa~~

Will Gamwell

Quote from: harem_pants on August 14, 2008, 01:10:52 PM
There is that, I wonder if I still have the pictures from that teddy bear last year.

Exhibit A!  Twisted & Demented

Hhhmmm...wonder if they'll allow a NC-17 rated pic..???