News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Visiting KCRF Opening weekend

Started by LadyElizabeth, August 12, 2008, 02:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyElizabeth

Hello all KCRFers,

I am planning on coming up for opening weekend of KCRF this year and wondering a few thing.  This will only be my second time there and so I don't know a ton of people at KCRF.  My home fair is TRF and I also frequent Scarby and Fourwinds.  At all these fairs, I come as Queen Elizabeth 1.  I realise that your fair is no longer set in the Elizabethan era, so I am also planning on attending as QE1 there.  So, how do you think the new Queen and King would feel about me coming as a playtron in QE1 garb?  Do you think anyone on cast would be upset by that?  I don't want to offend others, people down at the TX ren fairs love me portraying her, so hopefully it won't be taken offensively there either. 

I was also wondering if anyone could recommend a few good shows that are a "must-see"?

Thanks so much, and please do come say hi if you see me there.  I'd love to meet some other R/Fers and make new friends up at KCRF!!
Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Emerald Shaunassey

Your Majesty,
     I do not think that any at Canterbury (KCRF) would have issue with your Royal visit; especially if you are coming as ticket wielding patron, tee hee!  The cast is always top notch and VERY welcoming.  Often the cast of Scarby will invade as their characters (Henry VIII, Anne B, etc) and it blends seamlessly with the rest of the cast.  Canterbury is big enough to accommodate several folks. 

This will be the first season in a long while that myself and my stage show will not be performing at KCRF so, I am unsure of exactly what shows will be there this year.  However, two indigenous shows that you *must* see are The Jolly Rogers and MentalPause.  It has been my honor to work with these two groups and share stages with them over the years.  They are wonderful, funny, and endearing.  Don't even try to drink during MentalPause's show - you will only wind up wearing your drink or spewing it everywhere as you laugh.

I bid you welcome in absence and pray that your visit to my "home" faire will be one of wonder and enchantment.  Opening weekend can be brutally hot so do plan accordingly for the temp and the humidity - one cannot have the Queen falling over from heat exhaustion!

Fair Winds,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

TKM

yes, i agree, the jolly rogers are a definate must-see. and Cliff (aka Devon Blackthorne) of the Jolly Rogers also co-stars in the performance "Get Shrewd" which is, in my opinion, one of the funniest acts there.

LadyElizabeth

Excellent!!  I will have to check out those acts.  I plan on coming all 3 days of opening weekend, so I should find the time.

I actually know the King and Queen of Scarby, so it would be lovely to see them again at this fair.  We "play" together when I visit their fair and we even took some family pics...

Queen Elizabeth the 1st
Champagne the Bubbly
Bubbles the Fairy
Frost the Arctic Barbarian
Red the pirate

Emerald Shaunassey

TKM - thanks for the assist with my faulty memory, I'd completly forgotten "Get Shrewed!" oh horrors! 

What a wonderful picture, Your Majesty!  Truly amazing.  It has been far to long since I was able to get down to Scarby, will have to see if next spring's performance schedule allows for a visit!

Fair Winds,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

Two years ago at KCRF, my wife & I heard Jem Moore playing the hammered dulcimer.  I heard him about 5 years ago at Scarby but I don't know if he's an annual attraction at either faire.  If you can catch him playing in the lanes, he would be well worth the time.  He's great!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

TKM

yes, i saw him, i believe two years ago. it certainly was some of the most captivating music i heard there there.

divapixie

I will be there opening weekend as well with some visiting friends from MNRF as well as another niece as an early celebration of her birthday.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Brother Gregory

I plan to be there Saturday opening day with my two girls.

captmarga

A few of us from Scarborough are coming up this weekend too... if all the plans hold together!

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Craigmeister

It looks as if I'll only be there this Sunday.  Is there a gathering spot and time?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.