News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Funny Ren Sayings or quotes

Started by DonaCatalina, August 13, 2008, 08:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

To recieve a favor from the Town Criers Apprentice of Scarborough Village, a friend of mine, I was made to walk before a large group of 'danes sitting by the pub and all of them walking down the lane and yell very loudly to hawk for the Kings Nuts, three times-

"My, these nuts are not only warm, but hairless!"
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Steve and I went to a new indoor Renaissance Festival in Madison, Wisconsin this afternoon.  I am having some medical testing done and thus for the next few days have to eat a limited and special diet, so I knew I wouldn't be able to eat anything at the faire.  We stopped at Culver's on the way, because I brought my food list with me and knew there were things there I could eat. 

We wore our pirate garb today, although I hadn't put on bodice yet and neither of us had on our hats.  I wore my coat in and kept it on inside, because it was cold.  Steve wore what we have on in the picture & just ran in.

I forgot to get napkins before sitting down and ran back to get some, so I missed it.  Steve told me later that a boy about 10 or 11 who was eating with his family, turned around and saw Steve & said to his mother, "Mom, there's a guy back there dressed as an elf."

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Nicolette

You and Steve look so cute!  I miss you both!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lady Nicolette on December 14, 2008, 06:44:21 PM
You and Steve look so cute!  I miss you both!

Ya mean, we don't look like fearsome and dreaded pirates?   lol  ;)

We miss you, too, Nickie.  But Bristol's a comin....  (hint, hint to you and Athena   ;D )
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Jack Daw at Work

I always wear my Great Kilt at the TRF.  It never fails that when I pass by a vendor station, a serving wench has got to yell out, "TURKEY LE-E-E-EGS!!"  It's me, right?!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

DonaCatalina

"A rennie isn't a rennie if his head has not hat"
i think there is surely a double entendre in there somewhere.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

ArielCallista

Everyone knows about nut vendors and the funny things those men will say...but its even funnier when you deny them because you're allergic...its even better if you've got you're main man with you..."poor lad"
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Merlin

I always crack up at the knife throwing guy barking for his upcoming show on the bridge at Scarby
"Knife throwing show at 11:00.... get there early... it may be a short show, I haven't warmed up yet. Also....need some new volunteers."
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Jack Daw at Work on February 04, 2009, 01:34:04 PM
I always wear my Great Kilt at the TRF.  It never fails that when I pass by a vendor station, a serving wench has got to yell out, "TURKEY LE-E-E-EGS!!"  It's me, right?!

Probably not....but it was funny.  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess