News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New parade time!

Started by Will Gamwell, August 13, 2008, 09:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gamwell

I just remembered this little bit of information from the cast rehearsal.  Thought some would like to know.

The daily parade time has changed from 2:00 to 11:30.  The parade will begin at Backery stage as usual, but will end at th Arbor Stage.

Sean

Noble Dreg

I actually think this is a GREAT idea!  Past marches in the heat of the day near killed me once or twice.  Much cooler at 11:30!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Will Gamwell

Yeah, I didn't hear much complaint.  That was actually one of reasons given.  The other is that the 2:00 time is during the peak hours for number of paytrons and that the parade interipted a lot of stage acts.

Rage

That should be interesting....

atysmee01

We figure the parade will make it back to The Arbor by 12 Noon, which is time for post-Parade and then a fast jaunt over to Bare stage for Vil...

It will be interesting to see how this affects the rest of the grid (which hasn't been distributed yet).
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Charlotte Rowan

Oh, that'll be nice. Usually I'm scheduled to get off work at 2, but since there's such a big crowd around Bakery Stage at that time, I usually never get to leave then.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lord Figaro

Wow sounds like a smart move this time. Could there be more smart moves in the future????
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Kiss-me-Kate

YAY!!!!

No more sweltering jaunts through fest!!!!

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Marietta Graziella

*MG jumping happily*

Yea!  Here's hoping I get to do the parade again.  That was fun last year!

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Rage

Yeah, I am up for getting into the parade again... How is the question.

groomporter

Maybe the Fest Friends group should ask if they can do the parade?  It might give them a little more visibility to the rest of the patrons.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lord Figaro

I think that would be a great idea as well. A little self promoting so to speak. I know I'd love to do that again to. Just have to make sure the people walking for the group, aren't to over the top inebriated I would think.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

DeadBishop

I still have the R/F flag if we want to do a group for the parade!  Who's up for it?

R/F.com member since 2003

Charles_of_Mankato

Can Rachel and I be in the parade?? Or is it for employees only?
Unto thee I say " See ya laterz"!

groomporter

Traditionally it's just participants, but last year the whole R/F crowd got an OK to be in it as part of the RENdezvous.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?