News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Engagements

Started by Rage, August 13, 2008, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

Hi All,

So with Graceful's announcement/request to bring her fiancee I now know of 3 8 engaged couples in our MN group.

EDIT: This has become a page 12 of sorts.

1. LD & Rage - No Date, whenever Ladiedragon decides its time...
2. Char & Rob - 6/14/09
3. Graceful & Dan - 5/2/09 "Kilts welcome"
4. Erynn & Sam - Engaged but not allowed to marry do to unfortunate laws.
5. Rafe & KJ - No Ring or Date yet.
6. Astysmee01 & Astymee's Dude - 5/24/2009.
7. Caterina & Caterina's SO - 10/2008
8. Sitara & George - No Ring or Date yet.

Anyone else? anyone....anyone...anyone....

So I had brought up getting couples pictures taken but I couldn't find the thread so I started a new one. I would like to get a picture of 3 couples together as an "Engaged Couples 2008" thing. That is if we can get all of us together at the same time.

The thread sort of changed to a who's engaged. See MBM's post for the couples day picture info.....

Rage

Ok, thats cool with me. LD & I should be there.  We will not be getting married at fest.

escherblacksmith

--

Will Gamwell

Well, there has not been an official proposal, but my girlfriend and I know that is where we are headed and on occasion refer to each other as our fiance.  

Not having a renaissance wedding and don't have a date planned either.

Erynn

Well, technically I'm engaged, but seeing the situation, its currently more of a permanent engagement then anything else right now.

Not that Sam makes it out to faire much anyways.

Random Girl

Quote from: Rafe on August 13, 2008, 11:35:51 AM
Well, there has not been an official proposal, but my girlfriend and I know that is where we are headed and on occasion refer to each other as our fiance.  

Not having a renaissance wedding and don't have a date planned either.

WHAT!!???!?!?!?!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Will Gamwell

Now is the "WHAT???" in regards to us planning on getting hitched at some point, or the fact that we won't have a RenWedding?

escherblacksmith

just out of curiosities sake, how many of these are due to the festival gatherings or in spite of?
--

Rage

Quote from: Erynn on August 13, 2008, 11:53:31 AM
Well, I guess technically I'm engaged, but seeing the situation, its currently more of a permanent engagement then anything else right now.

Not that Sam makes it out to faire much anyways.

An engagement is an engagement.... there is always hope.

Quote from: escherblacksmith on August 13, 2008, 12:17:20 PM
just out of curiosities sake, how many of these are due to the festival gatherings or in spite of?

Ladiedragon & I met at Fest.

Will Gamwell

We met at fest, became friends after through mutual friends, began dating after being friends for 3 years.  So a crazy combination of both..??

atysmee01

I got engaged this year...wedding date is May 24 of 2009!

We did not meet at Fest, but I worked at his mother's doll shop my first year 2003 with him, then for Olde World Wear and finally MacGregor Games (Hi, GP!) before becoming conscripted to The Dregs!

Nope, not a Renaissance Fest wedding, but probably a few Celtic touches (and plenty of booze!).

I may not be an Old Maid forever, but I still whine, and am partial to carrots!  ;)
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Noble Dreg

So many potential "Ex Mrs. Dregs" now off the list of possibilities... :'(
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Random Girl

Quote from: Rafe on August 13, 2008, 11:56:31 AM
Now is the "WHAT???" in regards to us planning on getting hitched at some point, or the fact that we won't have a RenWedding?

The married thing...I'm still wrapping my head around you guys dating.

Not that it is a bad thing just not something I had expected.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

I'm getting married this October...we met in high school 10 years ago.

Sitara

George and I are engaged, but are waiting to make it "official" with a ring and such until after we get a house.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!