News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feast of Fantasy - Anyone done it?

Started by Thumper, August 13, 2008, 01:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumper

I have been going to MIRF for a few years now, but have never attended the Feast of Fantasy.  The BF and I were thinking of going one of these upcoming weekends.

Does anyone have any things to expect or any reviews?

Will Gamwell

Quote from: Thumper on August 13, 2008, 01:42:02 PM
I have been going to MIRF for a few years now, but have never attended the Feast of Fantasy.  The BF and I were thinking of going one of these upcoming weekends.

Does anyone have any things to expect or any reviews?

I would be very interested to hear review of the Michigan Feast of Fantasy as well.  I do believe the Michigan festival is owned by the same company as the Minnesota festival.  We have a Feast of Fantasy and it is very enjoyable.  If the Michigan one is in anyway similar, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Sean

maelstrom0370

Ok...here's my review for ya...

TOTALLY worth the $$$.  The meal is absolutely incredible.  Every course, from starter to dessert, was great.  It was a pirate theme last year and we had a lot of fun.  They'd spilt the crowd into 2 different "crews" and have little competitions back and forth.  They seat you with whomever so you'll get to meet new people for sure.  The comemerative goblet was a nice touch, as well.  It is a bit pricey, but my opinion is that it's definitely worth it try at least once.
Hope that helped.

Lauren

I went with a group of friends a couple years ago. the food was a lot better then i had thought it was going to be!!!there were about five courses including lobster, salad, an appetizer ( can't remember what it was), sorbet, and raspberry chocolate cake. there was entertainment the whole time. there was free flowing wine :D delicious time!

in my opinion, it's totally worth the money if you have it to spend. it was a good time and i am glad i did it!!

Celtic Lady

Absolutely worth the money. The food is great and the entertainment wonderful. We went to it two years ago at MiRF and last year at MnRF. I'm so looking forward to going to it again this year. For the price you get your ticket for the faire, your meal, your drinks (alcoholic or non), your entertainment, plus you get to keep your goblet as a souvenir.
If you are planning on attending I recommend that you reserve your place(s) early. The longer you wait the more likely you won't get a seat.

Lord Virgil

As the others posted, as long as the food on the menu is to your liking, it's an absolute hoot!!  There is always a little skit that goes on between courses, and audience participation is part of the fun.  My wife and I celebrate our anniversary at the feast every year (we were married at the festival on August 20, 2005) and we will be at the feast on the 24th this year.

The entertainment is definitely PG-13 rated and geared toward adults (as well as the menu), so I would suggest no young children.
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!