News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos/Avatars for profiles

Started by ladiedragon, May 10, 2008, 08:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

DB, I'm not sure on this forum but the last one I was running had a setting that would place a maximum size on the pictures. Basically if your pic was too large it would shrink it to the maximum allowable size. This one might have something like that.

There is a free online site that allows you to resize your pictures. http://www.resizr.com/

Its fairly easy to use. It has size templates and after your finished you right click and save your photo. Then you can upload it to which ever photo posting site you use (example: Photobucket).

DeadBishop

Thanks for the link, Rage.  I was trying to remember what that site was.  As for the settings here, I'll be doign some tweaking as time allows to hopefully take care of that on the back end.

R/F.com member since 2003

Edward de Johns

How do you add a picture to your profile?

Thank you

DeadBishop

Quote from: Edward de Johns on May 16, 2008, 09:29:53 PM
How do you add a picture to your profile?

Thank you

This new forum doesn't allow a picture to be added to your profile like the previous one did, I'm afraid.  We've been asking that everyone post an intro thread and add a picture to the first post.

Cobaltblu

Hi Admins,

On the profile there is a section called "Photo/Text".  Will we eventually be able to load a profile photo of ourselves in this area?

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

DeadBishop

That section is for the "Avatar" setting which displays next to all of your posts.  At this time, we are not turning the avatars on.

Bodharan

DB

I know you must be swamped getting the new site up and running.  And I know that we are all appreciative of your efforts.  The results are great.  You have created a wonderful place for the Ren community.  It is the best.  That said, I wanted to put in my plea for a return of photos.  That is one of the things about the old site that I miss the most.  Having to find photos in intro threads is okay for now, but it would be good if we could get pics directly form profile pages.

Bodharan

Just looking for a good hat.

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 18, 2008, 12:27:42 PM
That section is for the "Avatar" setting which displays next to all of your posts.  At this time, we are not turning the avatars on.

OK DB =  Now your just showing off....  Not just a photo.... but a slideshow...........  I'm starting to feel deprived... ;)
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

DeadBishop

Don't worry....it's all part of the plan.   ;)

Var Greyshadow

You're going to have to teach us how to do the slideshow thing if we get to have avatars in the future!  That's way too cool!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

sealion

I added a photo to my siggy. I hope that's okay?
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

sealion

I guess the fact that the photo is gone means that it wasn't okay to add it to my signature?
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Lady Ann of Draycott

I really miss having the profile pics.  :'(  You never realize how much you use something until you don't have it anymore.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Capt Lucy

Yeah, after some discussion with other RF'ers I voiced that it's so much easier for me to recognize people and who they are when they post or when we meet in person.  Names just don't stick well unless I have a pic.  oh well, I am very sure our great master admin has a good reason for not allowing it at the moment.  :)

Thanks for all your hard work in keeping us together Admins!
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

renfairephotog

from the Forum Guidelines

Signature Lines
At this point, we don't want the forum to look like a Nascar Rally.  No image banners or links, please, until we state otherwise.  Any offenders will have their profile modified without notification.  Text is fine.

For those missing profile photos it has been suggested that you make an Introduction post and put a photo in the introduction.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer