News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Photos/Avatars for profiles

Started by ladiedragon, May 10, 2008, 08:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

Where are you looking that makes you think this board hasn't been active since may of last year?  If you look at the post right before yours, it was posted on Feb. 19th 2009.  And there were several posts to many different areas of the forum just today, as every day since it's inception.  I believe you may be looking at the first page of this thread in particular, whereas there are actually 5 pages.

As to answer your question, there is no way to post a picture to your profile; all you can do is post an avatar.

R/F.com member since 2003

Ambios

Quote from: Deadbishop on March 09, 2009, 10:36:34 PM

As to answer your question, there is no way to post a picture to your profile; all you can do is post an avatar.

OK, DB....I think I just identified my problem (from post to a different thread).  I'm trying to add a URL for a picture (as opposed to an avatar) to my profile.  SO...for a novice at this...how do I turn my photo into an avatar, as many others in our community have done?

Thanks in advance for the help...just trying to add a face to a name for everyone
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214
God Save My Sis...(oops) The Queen

NoBill Lurker

Here's a link to help you out!

How to post a picture.

Look at the 3rd post in that thread.

Good Luck!

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Ambios

Thanks, NoBill....I"ll give it a shot!
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

Ambios

NoBill....Thanks very much for the assist....as you can see, it worked!
Grammercy.......
William Parr, KG
Marquess of Northampton
7th Earl of Essex
RMG# 520
IBRSC# 1214

NoBill Lurker

HUZZAH!

Your very welcome my Lord Ambios.

Just glad that I could help!  ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

bellevivre

Ok, seriously, I have tried linking to my profile picture... it will work for a little bit, then disappear, even though the link is still there, and in the correct format...

Is this a hotlinking error? suggestions? lol it's soo frustrating since I want people to know who i am!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

DeadBishop

Quote from: bellevivre on June 17, 2009, 09:41:14 AM
Ok, seriously, I have tried linking to my profile picture... it will work for a little bit, then disappear, even though the link is still there, and in the correct format...

Is this a hotlinking error? suggestions? lol it's soo frustrating since I want people to know who i am!!

Yes, it's most likely a hot linking issue.  I can take the URL for your picture and open in in a seperate screen, so it does work, there's probably just a bandwidth restriction from the site where it's hosted though.  I'd suggest finding another online host like Photobucket or similar and try again.

bellevivre

ok- i had tried Photobucket but it was giving me problems on their end... I'll try again tonight- thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

DeadBishop

There are a number of other image hosting sites besides Photobucket that you could also try.  Find one that bests suits your usage.