News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renstock fall 08

Started by mumsies, August 13, 2008, 04:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Okay, I wasn't sure about having another renstock for the fall, didn't know if folks would be interested or not. I know it is kind of hectic to try to do during the faire season, but we try to make it so that our out of town folks are able to visit with all of us while they are "in town". Since Mistress Charlotte brought it up-I guess I better find out what you all would like to do-that way we can start putting some plans together before the last minute.

I am more than willing to put another gathering together if you all are interested in attending. I am sure MacRee will be able to give me a hand with things too. It will have to be held up yonder there in God's country though, (in other words-here on the farm) because our winter facility at MacRee's is under renovation at the moment.

So-[u]who is interested in attending Fall Renstock[/u]?
What night would be the best for everyone-I know it is tough for out of town friends to get here on a Friday, and all cast folks have to be up early on for morning meeting on Sat and Sunday mornings...but a lot of the mundanes, and some of the out of town folks with real life jobs also have to leave on Sundays to head for home.
Friday-Saturday-Sunday evening?
What weekend works the best for most folks? I know we are never going to be able to please everyone, but give me some ideas. I would need at least until weekend 2 to get things together, preferably week 3-6, that will give us plenty of time to extend invites to all of those folks who are not on the board and we only see at faire.

Let me know what you think-if we have enough folks who would like to attend, I will get the plans in the works. Be seeing you all soon!

Terry Griffith

"I know we are never going to be able to please everyone"

Mumsies,

Truer words were never spoken.  The best night for many of us is Thursday but that would leave out so many people that it would be pointless.  I am willing to meet Friday, party until late and get back up to do the faire early on Saturday and I bet a lot of people would.  Saturday night is just too difficult to get anywhere after closing gate at 6:30 pm, exhaustion from the day and a Sunday to do yet.  We're always ready to party but it's never going to be a large affair during the run.  As long as it doesn't take the place of "Winter Renstock" we'll make the best of it.  I'm willing to defer to the folks from out of town.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Celynn

Gee Bonnie any chance you can hold it off till Nov?  LOL  Weekends for us will be tied up until the second weekend of Nov. We will be working on Fri and Sat at Kennywood scaring the yell out of people, so I guess we will have to miss one in the fall.

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: Terry Griffith on August 13, 2008, 05:34:09 PM
"I know we are never going to be able to please everyone"

Mumsies,

Truer words were never spoken.  The best night for many of us is Thursday but that would leave out so many people that it would be pointless.  I am willing to meet Friday, party until late and get back up to do the faire early on Saturday and I bet a lot of people would.  Saturday night is just too difficult to get anywhere after closing gate at 6:30 pm, exhaustion from the day and a Sunday to do yet.  We're always ready to party but it's never going to be a large affair during the run.  As long as it doesn't take the place of "Winter Renstock" we'll make the best of it.  I'm willing to defer to the folks from out of town.

Ditto! 

I would never grumble at your efforts.   But since you are looking for suggestions.

Friday is best for me.   Like Terry said.... It's to hard "after faire".  I usually go home, shower and fall in bed without dinner after faire.  Plus with Friday I can choose how "late" I wish to stay out.

I will ren mail you my cell phone number.  I will be available during the week this year (more or less), since I will be staying close by the faire instead of Ohio like last year.  So I can run errands and help out if needed.  It would feel good to be "useful"
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

mumsies

It is looking like Friday would be a better idea for most folks...makes sense to me. I know how long the day is for me at faire-I can imagine it is wwwaaayyy longer for all of you. So, let's say a Friday night, now we need to pick a date.
(Celyn-you know I wish we could make it work for everyone, but, you can make up for it at winter renstock!). Bill says we definitely still have to plan the winter party....we all need that get together after the holiday blues to get us through until the next season.

I know that the weekend of the 12th-a whole bunch of you will be heading to Ohio faire on the 13th, so that probably isn't a good one. We could probably manage to pull it together for the week before, but that is Labor day weekend, so some folks may be out of town. Friday the 19th is looking like the best, or the final Friday, the 26th.

Let me know what looks the best for you guys.
Friday the 5th, 19th or 26th?

Scotsman

Lady Guinness and I will be up for closing weekend so for selfish reasons that Friday night before faire would work best for us ... all things considered, I don't know what other weekend would work for us unless it were were post faire.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

anne of oaktower

Just an FYI, Labor Day is early this year.  It is actually on September 1st, so the 5th isn't a conflict, if that matters to anyone. 

I'll do my best to be there, whatever date you all might choose.

aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Lady Celynn

Bonnie whatever day you choose know that we will be there..if not in person..then in spirit!

mumsies

What do you all think of planning the get together for final weekend-Friday night? That would give us plenty of time to pass along invites and make plans, and a nice way to celebrate our last weekend together? (not to mention Lady G and Scotsman would be able to join us). Let me know.

Terry Griffith

Perfect.  Brilliant.  Perfectly brilliant.

If Lady G and Scotsman can make that weekend, then how could we do it any other time?

Quiet One

If it's Friday night on closing weekend, maybe I can finally make it to a Renstock
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: mumsies on August 21, 2008, 09:00:47 PM
What do you all think of planning the get together for final weekend-Friday night? That would give us plenty of time to pass along invites and make plans, and a nice way to celebrate our last weekend together? (not to mention Lady G and Scotsman would be able to join us). Let me know.

I like this idea.  Rick (hubby) will be back in town by that time too.

The only date that doesn't work for me is Sept 12th.  I will be in Columbus.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

mumsies

Renstock 2008
The date is set: Friday, Sept. 26th, at Mumsies, 6:00 p.m.
BYOB, and covered dish. Anyone who would like to camp is welcome.
Let's get the guest list and goodies started, I will continue to edit the list as replies come in. Please pass along the info to other faire folk that may not read the boards.

Attending:
8+Mumsies and family-meatballs in sauce
2-Terry and Jan Griffith-music and mayhem!
2-Tia and Brad
2-Professor M, Mrs. M and Nell
2-Kilted One-Lady Alchemy-Tentative
2-Mistress Charlotte and Mr.
1+Quiet One
1+Kip and Azara
4-Sarai, Jaya, Sadira and Rafi
2-Amy and Jason Good-mexican dip and chips

Terry Griffith

Mumsies,

Count us in but we haven't decided what to bring in the way of food but I'll have the sound system and guitars.

Terry and Jan Griffith

kilted one

We will have to find a way to make it.  It sounds great and we had such a good time last year.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!