News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

End of Drunk and Disorderly

Started by groomporter, August 14, 2008, 07:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

The guys have announced on the MRFfriends Elist that this will be their last season. Seth said:

(It) "is an amiable occurrence, it is simply time for us to move on and find new diversions." Drunk and Disorderly will be playing at the Renaissance Festival, but mostly it will be as a trio, with myself showing up as often as I can. This will be our last Festival season, and this email is to let you all know about our Final Gig with the whole band.

The show will be Friday, September 5th at Keegan's Pub around 9:00ish. I know, it's during the Festival season, but our guitar player is moving to Oregon, so it was this, or nothing at all. I scheduled it for a Friday so hopefully you all can still make it. Andy, Scott, John and myself will be there, along with all three of Drunk and Disorderly's various guitar players, as well as guest favorites Renee Pilon and Howard Harrison.

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Charlotte Rowan

:-[ :-[ :'(

I had suspicions that this was happening. A few weeks ago I was in contact with Seth about performing at our wedding next summer, and it seemed like a done deal until suddenly and mysteriously he said something had come up and it wouldn't work out.  :'(

So sad....Fest won't be the same for me without them.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

MNRF will not be the same without Puke & Snot, as it has been for me without Ten Seconds of Harmony.. Where one group folds, another will come in its place. We just have to be patient.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Rage

As Groomporter pointed out in another thread Dan from Tastes like burning is not coming this year so Dane had to change his act.

its going to be a different year.

Will Gamwell

Drunken Uglies is no more as well.  Happened late last year I believe.  BeerBreakfast won't be the same.

On another note, The Dew Drop Jugglers have changed their name.  They are now The Danger Committee.

groomporter

I think the Uglies, or at least one of them has a new band however, we caught them a MacMahon's on Lake Street one Wednesday night. I don't remember their name

Will Gamwell

That is correct, though I am a poor friend and do not recall the new band's name.  I do believe they will all be out there performing separately.  I ran into John & Pete out at the Wisconsin Faire.  John is going solo.  Pete is in the new band.

Rage

Quote from: Rafe on August 14, 2008, 10:52:57 AM
That is correct, though I am a poor friend and do not recall the new band's name.  I do believe they will all be out there performing separately.  I ran into John & Pete out at the Wisconsin Faire.  John is going solo.  Pete is in the new band.

LD & I saw them there as well. We talked to John for a while...

Oh and I guess we can add that Shannon will not be with the Dregg's atleast I would guess that she will be at home with her baby. Anyone know if she has had it yet? I think she is due like now.

Hmmm. also means she won't be with Vill Tennis...

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Rafe on August 14, 2008, 10:45:27 AM
Drunken Uglies is no more as well.  Happened late last year I believe.  BeerBreakfast won't be the same.

On another note, The Dew Drop Jugglers have changed their name.  They are now The Danger Committee.

My other favorite RF act...yes, it will be fun to see their all-new show (3 times a day from my cart at Bakery stage!) involving more knives. Should be interesting.

atysmee01

Oh and I guess we can add that Shannon will not be with the Dregg's atleast I would guess that she will be at home with her baby. Anyone know if she has had it yet? I think she is due like now.

Hmmm. also means she won't be with Vill Tennis...
[/quote]

She hasn't had the baby yet.  Her due date is next Monday, the 18th, and will probably be induced at that point.  She does plan to be out this weekend as much as she can, and therefore plans to do VilTen as well...she has arrangements that should allow her to be out at Fest as much as she feels up to this season, and we will welcome her warmly whenever she can manage!!

Oh, yes, I did see a new band of rookies at rehearsal last Sunday.  They're all young (16!) and good looking, talented even..."All The King's Men."  I have taken to calling them "All The King's Jonas Brothers" (without malice)!
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Rage

Quote from: atysmee01 on August 14, 2008, 11:29:48 AM

She hasn't had the baby yet.  Her due date is next Monday, the 18th, and will probably be induced at that point.  She does plan to be out this weekend as much as she can, and therefore plans to do VilTen as well...she has arrangements that should allow her to be out at Fest as much as she feels up to this season, and we will welcome her warmly whenever she can manage!!

Thats cool. See ask a question and someone has the answer.

Random Girl

and then we converted Shane to the dark side...or well..night crew.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Will Gamwell

That conversion has already started, but he has shown stronger resistance than we originally thought!  It is futile, he will submit!

Lord Figaro

It's always sad to see a favorite act pass into the realms of yester year. But all good things come to an end sometimes, it's just having the patience to wait it out and see what new acts come of age. It's the same thing with favorite TV shows. When M.A.S.H. went off the air people wondered what they would do with their evenings. But eventually something came along and replaced it. All in good time, will the fruits of another's labor come and entertain us for a few more years yet again. Till they must give way to the next up and comers. 
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Lord Figaro on August 14, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
It's always sad to see a favorite act pass into the realms of yester year. But all good things come to an end sometimes 

I know, but I really wanted them to play at my wedding.  :-[ *Pouts*

Rage

Yeah, ouch thats too bad Char... atleast they canceled way ahead of time.

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 14, 2008, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: Lord Figaro on August 14, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
It's always sad to see a favorite act pass into the realms of yester year. But all good things come to an end sometimes 

I know, but I really wanted them to play at my wedding.  :-[ *Pouts*

Like Monty Python say darling..."always look on the bright side of life." Like Rage says

Quote from: Rage on August 14, 2008, 02:58:23 PM
at least they canceled way ahead of time.

It would have sucked even more to get closer to your date and have the deal go poof.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

white trillium

So, if the farewell concert is 9/5, will they only be out at the fest the first few weekends?
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

groomporter

Quote from: white trillium on August 14, 2008, 09:13:18 PM
So, if the farewell concert is 9/5, will they only be out at the fest the first few weekends?

No that's just the last show as the full band, at fest they will be just a trio most of the run.

white trillium

Thanks GP, good to know.  We've caught them quite a few times over the winter at Keegan's.  Do you know if they'll continue to do kilt night at Keegan's (even as a trio)?
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

groomporter

I interpreted the original message on the  MRFfriends E-list as meaning that after festival there would be no more D & D "(barring a reunion tour in 30 years)". In fact, the thread title that I used here "End of Drunk and Disorderly" was a direct quote of the original post. They have canceled their August 30 gig at Keegans

DeadBishop

Quote from: harem_pants on August 14, 2008, 12:11:22 PM

and then we converted Shane to the dark side...or well..night crew.

What?  Shane's on night crew now?

R/F.com member since 2003

Will Gamwell

He worked a couple of shifts last year.  Being that I am not on SS and haven't talked to Shane, I don't know what his plans are for this year and working for SS.