News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

End of Drunk and Disorderly

Started by groomporter, August 14, 2008, 07:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Lord Figaro on August 14, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
It's always sad to see a favorite act pass into the realms of yester year. But all good things come to an end sometimes 

I know, but I really wanted them to play at my wedding.  :-[ *Pouts*
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Rage

Yeah, ouch thats too bad Char... atleast they canceled way ahead of time.

Lord Figaro

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 14, 2008, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: Lord Figaro on August 14, 2008, 02:24:04 PM
It's always sad to see a favorite act pass into the realms of yester year. But all good things come to an end sometimes 

I know, but I really wanted them to play at my wedding.  :-[ *Pouts*

Like Monty Python say darling..."always look on the bright side of life." Like Rage says

Quote from: Rage on August 14, 2008, 02:58:23 PM
at least they canceled way ahead of time.

It would have sucked even more to get closer to your date and have the deal go poof.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

white trillium

So, if the farewell concert is 9/5, will they only be out at the fest the first few weekends?
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

groomporter

Quote from: white trillium on August 14, 2008, 09:13:18 PM
So, if the farewell concert is 9/5, will they only be out at the fest the first few weekends?

No that's just the last show as the full band, at fest they will be just a trio most of the run.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

white trillium

Thanks GP, good to know.  We've caught them quite a few times over the winter at Keegan's.  Do you know if they'll continue to do kilt night at Keegan's (even as a trio)?
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

groomporter

I interpreted the original message on the  MRFfriends E-list as meaning that after festival there would be no more D & D "(barring a reunion tour in 30 years)". In fact, the thread title that I used here "End of Drunk and Disorderly" was a direct quote of the original post. They have canceled their August 30 gig at Keegans
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

DeadBishop

Quote from: harem_pants on August 14, 2008, 12:11:22 PM
Quote from: Rafe on August 14, 2008, 10:52:57 AM
That is correct, though I am a poor friend and do not recall the new band's name.  I do believe they will all be out there performing separately.  I ran into John & Pete out at the Wisconsin Faire.  John is going solo.  Pete is in the new band.

and then we converted Shane to the dark side...or well..night crew.

What?  Shane's on night crew now?

R/F.com member since 2003

Will Gamwell

He worked a couple of shifts last year.  Being that I am not on SS and haven't talked to Shane, I don't know what his plans are for this year and working for SS.