News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

How many years have you been going to MNRF?

Started by Rage, August 14, 2008, 08:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renren

Been going since 99, missed a few years when my girls were really little.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Nikita

this will be our 12th year going, and our first not working in five.
Everyday is a challenge and gift

Lady Rae

Oldarcher

2007 was the first time since 1977 or 78 if I remember right, just couldnt get the wife interested.............!
Went opening Sunday 2008 and will go at least two more times this year.

TheFerret

Let's see....I went closing weekend in 2002 as a playtron and then 2004 and 2005 as a playtron again. I've been working out there now since 2006. Of course, that's only counting how long I've gone to *this* faire. I'm currently refusing to think about how long I've been going to faire. Feeling "old" today.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

KeithR

I know that my wife and I went in '81, because two weeks after we went, she found out she was pregnant and was soooo scared because she found out that she liked wine way too much at the Faire.....Went every year after that until I lost her to cancer. Now my daughter(and her husband!) join me for at least one weekend every year, although I try to come out 3-4 times each year and photograph. I was out for opening day, and to pay respects to Snot. I don't brag too often, but I got some outstand images from that performance. I only wish I had a site to post them on to share. Somehow I'll get it done so all can enjoy! I hope to be out this weekend! 

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

It's always time for Chardonnay!

Naween

It's my second year! Loved it the first, and loved it again this year!

(Two best moments this year:
1) Having two little girls latch themselves onto me for hugs and want to talk to me. There parents had a camera but there batteries were dead, so I lent them mine so that they could get the shot. The girls were sooo happy! (now I know how the cast must feel)
2) Dancing with the queen. I'm constantly amazed by how friendly everyone at fest is, and how committed they are to ensuring everyone has FUN! (Case in point...were out at the hobbit hole and a lady is taking pics of peeps sitting on the rocks on the water, holding up the line. A nun comes up to her yelling "My child! My child!". We all think she is gonna get in Sh*!, but the nun yells something along the lines of, "That's not right! Make sure you're in the picture!).

I LOVE THIS FAIRE!

Nikita

Everyday is a challenge and gift

Lord Figaro

Quote from: KeithR on August 26, 2008, 08:13:47 PM
I only wish I had a site to post them on to share. Somehow I'll get it done so all can enjoy! I hope to be out this weekend! 

And easy site to look into is photobucket.com.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

lady serena

Been going to faire since 2000 and I have missed a few years in between.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Figaro

Growing up in the Chaska/Chanhassen area, I've gone to fest at least once a year since I was about 10.  Once John and I have got married, we go almost every weekend.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

Lord Figaro

See I told you, it was all her fault. Now there's proof. You read it here.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

TheFerret

Quote from: Nikita on September 02, 2008, 10:08:27 PM
Spoke too soon about NOT working!

Yay! :D You two impressed Missy out there last weekend. :D
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

der idee_mann

Ok I am a newbie to the R/F (thanks Rage) but I have been going for 14 years this time... since I moved back to MN that is... ??? I have to say the years before I moved away are pretty fuzzy, too tough to count, so they must have been really fun too  ;)