News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Acorn Wood

Started by Amras Elfwine, May 10, 2008, 09:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

I have seen many of them on my very early morning walks at Ft. Meade...more and more of them this year, as they seem most, er, "prolific" this Spring...them, and the strain of jet black-colored ground squirrels which inhabit the woods there...

...and, chipmunks seem to be very, very good at squirrel tag...oh so fast...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

anne of oaktower

Indeed, chipmunks enjoy a rousing game of squirrel tag as much as their squirrel cousins do.  You must send some of your jet-black squirrels out to visit our western PA region...my chipmunks and I would very much like to make their acquaintance.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Amras Elfwine

The jet black squirrels are a phenomenon I have seen to our east, on Ft. Devens, MA, as a matter of fact...hmmm, Ft. Meade, Ft. Devens...perhaps some form of military stealth research is involved...no matter, they are a peaceable strain of squirrel now.

Acorn Wood forecast for the holiday weekend, sunny and 72 for the next 3 days...yessss.....:-)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

DeadBishop

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on May 22, 2008, 09:07:26 PM
The jet black squirrels are a phenomenon I have seen to our east, on Ft. Devens, MA, as a matter of fact...hmmm, Ft. Meade, Ft. Devens...perhaps some form of military stealth research is involved...no matter, they are a peaceable strain of squirrel now.

That, or you stumbled upon the Squirrel's chimney sweep academy... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

anne of oaktower

Hmmmm....perhaps the poor little blokes are the outcasts.  Black sheep squirrels?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Elinor Hakebourne

QuoteThat, or you stumbled upon the Squirrel's chimney sweep academy...

Now I've got images in my head of squirrels as the chimney sweeps in Mary Poppins *giggle*

Dracconia

*curtsies low*

It is nice to meet you Spyro...

I am Dracconia...

*rises*

Hello Aramas...how are you dear?
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Amras Elfwine

Hail, Draconia...I could not feel any finer this day were I twins...but, there are sad tidings from my beloved woods on Fort Meade, where I have walked regularly for years...they are now closed (effective yesterday) for that accursed word, "development"...*sigh*...Spyro has been attempting to get the word out the the chimney sweep squirrels that they must move, asap...

Time for a mead...or two... 8)
R/F member since 2004

Dracconia

Amras...I was looking and I can't find the thread...I think we had one at least, on learing to speak/read Elvin...could you point me in the right direction?
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Amras Elfwine

I shall look...I can't help but think that Master Calith is behind any instruction in the Elvish arts...
R/F member since 2004

Dracconia

Has anyone seen Master Calith?
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Trillium

I've seen him poke around here every once in a while, but I don't think he has posted anything. :'(
Got faerie dust?

Element of Air

*on a side tangent* Oh that is the coolest picture ever! It's In a KILT!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Amras Elfwine

We love Side Tangents!!

Hail, oh Elemental Airy one...Spyro has been known to lift his kilt up when he's had one too many shots of macadamia nut liquor at faire...I try not to encourage him!
R/F member since 2004

Amras Elfwine

R/F member since 2004