News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Advice for a new TRF invader

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, August 14, 2008, 01:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirRichardBear

Lady de Laney I must all so push the fireworks the wife and I never miss them they are fantastic among the best I've ever seen.  That time of year sunset is around 6:45pm the fireworks will start around 6:30.  Plus Tartanic plays during the show nothing like bagpipes and fireworks to end the day.  You are welcome to join the wife and I back at camp after faire for a bit to eat and a sit while traffic clears out.  I'm sure many others will all so extend invitations to you.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

PurpleDragon

Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: SirRichardBear on August 14, 2008, 04:02:28 PM
Lady de Laney I must all so push the fireworks the wife and I never miss them they are fantastic among the best I've ever seen.  That time of year sunset is around 6:45pm the fireworks will start around 6:30.  Plus Tartanic plays during the show nothing like bagpipes and fireworks to end the day.  You are welcome to join the wife and I back at camp after faire for a bit to eat and a sit while traffic clears out.  I'm sure many others will all so extend invitations to you.

Thank you very much SirRichardBear for the kind invite to Master Toki and myself. We may take you up on your offer.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Lady de Laney on August 14, 2008, 04:18:48 PM

Thank you very much SirRichardBear for the kind invite to Master Toki and myself. We may take you up on your offer.

Damn... that means I'm going to have to go into STALKER mode after closing and come out to patrons camp.  Oh wait... It's all hallows weekend.. I do that anyway :) now if I can only decide what costume I am going to wear out there this  year for the parties/contests.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: PurpleDragon on August 14, 2008, 04:21:15 PM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on August 14, 2008, 04:18:48 PM

Damn... that means I'm going to have to go into STALKER mode after closing and come out to patrons camp.  Oh wait... It's all hallows weekend.. I do that anyway :) now if I can only decide what costume I am going to wear out there this  year for the parties/contests.

I could make a suggestion on that  ;D

But I won't
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Just Randall

The "R" word? Whatever are you talking about? The "R" word, the "R" word, hmm... Oh, you mean RAIN!!!!! RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,RAIN,RAIN!!!!!!!!!... Why, yes, I am an instigator, thanks for asking...

Okay, in all seriousness (shut up, Karl), lets break this down...

Opening cannon is 9:00am SHARP.(I know this because I fire the cannon.)

TRF is broken up into areas of different nationalities: English, German, Scottish, Italian, Spanish, Polish, with corresponding ethnic foods in those areas.

Directions from Navasota: Take Hwy. 105 to F.M. 1774 in Plantersville, turn right, go 6 miles to festival gates. It's that simple.

Festival closes at the end of fireworks, so as such, there is no hard and fast time for closing. Official closing time is "dusk", which for the first few weekends is around 7:30-8:00pm. After Daylight savings ends, 6:15-6:45pm.

As for temperature? This is Texas, dear. If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. We've had opening weekends in the high 60's-low 70's, and closing weekends in the upper 90's. Plan for ANYTHING.

Any other questions? Working at TRF during the week does have it's advantages...
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

PurpleDragon

Quote from: captfletcher on August 14, 2008, 09:59:25 PM

Okay, in all seriousness (shut up, Karl), lets break this down...

Capt. Fletcher being serious... WOW, I've gotta tell the others..ROFLMAO
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Sir Martin

Quote from: Lady de Laney on August 14, 2008, 02:32:50 PM
What time is closing cannon? And do they run you out right away?

Closing is after the fireworks are over.  There are many vendors, however, (especially those located between the jousting arena and front gate) who stay open a bit longer in order to catch some last minute sales from the patrons who are on their way out.

PurpleDragon

Quote from: Sir Martin on August 15, 2008, 08:45:56 AM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on August 14, 2008, 02:32:50 PM
What time is closing cannon? And do they run you out right away?

Closing is after the fireworks are over.  There are many vendors, however, (especially those located between the jousting arena and front gate) who stay open a bit longer in order to catch some last minute sales from the patrons who are on their way out.

Aye, and I be one of them vendors... just make sure to come by The Pirates Cove for those last minute purchases on your way out the gate ;)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Blue66669

Hey, that's why I got that *DEEP* discount on a cutlass. Of course, it didn't hurt that I had a little extra "leverage"...

:-*
Blaidd Drwg

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on August 15, 2008, 10:49:31 AM
Hey, that's why I got that *DEEP* discount on a cutlass. Of course, it didn't hurt that I had a little extra "leverage"...

:-*

Leverage huh?  Is that what you're calling them these days??? :) ~giggles~
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

PurpleDragon

Quote from: blue66669 on August 15, 2008, 11:09:13 AM
Again, cram it PYRATE...

But.. I was merely complimenting those loverley accouterments of yours ;)
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Blushing

Here's a question ... is it worth saving all my "fun" money for my possible visit to TRF?  I'm planning on hitting the Las Vegas faire, which is a fairly good shopping faire ... but maybe I should save my shopping for a TRF - which I've never visited.  ;D

Any thoughts?

And yes, I'm taking notes!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

PurpleDragon

Blushing,

It would truly depend on what you are looking to purchase.  I know that TRF has a plethora of shops carrying a veritable smorgasbord of merchandise.  As it is my home faire, I am somewhat partial to it myself, but many of the craftsmen are local to the area so you may not find their merchandise elsewhere unless they have a website.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove