News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ad Campaign has started!

Started by Countess Westmorland, August 14, 2008, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drusilia

Quote from: Professor M on August 21, 2008, 09:25:04 AM
While we're at it, there was an article in The Pittsburgh Business Times.  The online version doesn't show the whole article, but the first few paragraphs have some surprising news.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/08/18/story12.html?ana=from_rss

BTW, if anyone can get their hands on the whole article I'd love to see the rest of it.

Here you go Professor. :)

http://pittsburgh.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/stories/2008/08/18/story12.html?b=1219032000%5E1685793
I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

PesterTheJester

This morning I heard a radio commercial for the festival on 105.9 the X and apparently it sponsered the traffic report :P

Dev

I remember the old TV commercials with that jingle - "The time of your life is back in time/The renaissance festival is back in time!" or something like that.

I don't watch TV, do they still do that?

Scarlett

Thanks for posting the link to the Pittsburgh Business Times Dru!  I'm curious to see if JP's speculation on attendance comes true.  I found his vision of expanding/doubling the size of the faire and extending it to 8 weeks most interesting. 
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Drusilia

I think it would be wonderful to see the Faire extended but also a little disconcerting at first.

The size of the faire hasn't changed since I was 14 and had my very first job in the kitchens for the festival two years in a row. (I doubt anyone remembers from back then but I was the girl with bright fuchsia colored hair in the kitchen beside the pub when Scott was in charge.)

I think the expansion would attract people who, unlike me, may be looking for bigger changes than what has already taken place.

It would also be interesting to see if they would add the mud show back into the mix once the expansion was complete. I think that was the one thing I heard the absolute most complaints about last year as far as shows were concerned.

I am living in this world but living life as if it were a dream, yet what happens when in living a dream, it bleeds?

Marilou

Drusilia, I'm sure our nephew would remember you! (he worked painting and such)

I stayed at work longer than need be just to see KDKA's Crowley Country visit the shire at the end of the news. Okay, so I 'work' behind the bar and simply moved to the other side and yes, everyone thinks I'm a tad, ah, eccentric, but I am excited!

Don't know how I feel about the 'bigger and better' changes. I so loved the smaller, more intimate, and the more 'real' of the unconstructed paths etc. Hey, that's show-biz uh? Better to make the big bucks than lose it all again. Plus, I can afford to like it small as it is not that big a drive where those further away may need enticed.   

Professor M

Thanks Dru, for the rest of the article from the Business Times.  There are some interesting claims in there.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

mumsies

Not only are they advertising on the X, but the Washing Well Wenches even got to play are you smarter than a renaissance wench on the morning show today. My daughter-in-law heard them and told me about it...and you can listen too.
http://www.wxdx.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Just find them on the list....podcast or quicktime....

Scarlett

Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Charity Morgan

Quote from: Drusilia on August 21, 2008, 10:11:11 PM
(I doubt anyone remembers from back then but I was the girl with bright fuchsia colored hair in the kitchen beside the pub when Scott was in charge.)

Dru Darling...I remember your beautiful hair.  Some mornings it was the first thing that got me to grin!  But alas...bright hair colors have gone the way of mud shows for this shire I'm afraid!

If it makes you feel any better - I'm still calling today (Monday) UNday!  (You know when the accent still tries to sneak out in conversations and the mundane clothes just don't feel "normal"!)
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

bershokwench

I saw several ads on tv and in the paper! I am gettin excited! Not sure I like the sound of the coblestone paths and such, also I loved to walk into the artisan tents and now they are replaced by buildings. Well I guess we will just have to see how it all turns out. As long as I see some of my favorite acts from past years I will be fine.
VICKY BERSHOK

Professor M

Worry not, Bershok.  The cobblestones are barely there.  The artisan's buildings are beautiful and really make the place looking even more charming than before.  Some beloved acts have returned, and there are several new ones that I'm sure you'll love, too.
~ C.S. Lewis

PesterTheJester

Did you know the Ren Faire is at the Laural Highlands?  That's what TMZ(the PMZ segment) just told me lol

Professor M

Quote from: PesterTheJester on September 04, 2008, 06:56:57 PM
Did you know the Ren Faire is at the Laural Highlands?  That's what TMZ(the PMZ segment) just told me lol

Yes.  Most of the rolling hills in that part of the state are referred to as the Laurel Highlands.  The Laurel Highlands Visitor's Bureau always lists the faire on their annual events list.  I'm sure if there are any clearly defined borders (I doubt it), but the faire is most certainly in the middle of it all.
~ C.S. Lewis

jayadancer

~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~