News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

this weekend

Started by laedyfaire, August 15, 2008, 08:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laedyfaire

i will be wearing my RF pin on my chemise top...hope to see someone there!! i will be there both days. huzzah!!!!!!!!!

Lady Annue Brandywine

I will be there Sunday, I don't have me pin yet :( unless it comes today. I will look for you have a great time!!            Lady Annue Brandywine aka (Innes)

Brother Robert of Essex

It was great to meet you Laedyfaire ! 

Perhaps I will encounter Lady Brandywine on the next outing? 

I will be there tomorrow as well!

Lady_Claira

I don't know when I'm going yet. I still need to get in touch with those whoa re going with me. And hopefully get birthday money. LOL
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Lady_Claira on August 18, 2008, 12:30:13 AM
I don't know when I'm going yet. I still need to get in touch with those whoa re going with me. And hopefully get birthday money. LOL

You must attend! We are almost through August! But only a few faire weekends left!! LOL

I know what you mean though, the cost does add up quickly - Every now and then I see someone who is pretty drunk and all I can think to myself -- "Man did that person get drunk at $6 a glass? How much did they spend!" LOL

I'm always up for hanging out with anyone who wants to wander the faire though and I'm there every weekend!

This Saturday I want to catch the rest of Brother Donalds story , I was only able to hear 3 of them before my friend got restless sitting on the wood benches and wanted to walk around some more.

laedyfaire

hi lord robert...great to meet you too! thanks for watching "my stuff". how is your lovely lady anna doing?

were you there on Sunday..we got there around noon..late for us. it was a relaxing day..

did you like the pub sing on Sat? the 3 pints shy reunion was a lot of fun. they were a big hit for the past few years.

we might be heading to rhode island this weekend, so we will miss the faire if we do. but we will be there the following weekend.

ttys....roz

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on August 18, 2008, 03:51:38 PM
hi lord robert...great to meet you too! thanks for watching "my stuff". how is your lovely lady anna doing?

were you there on Sunday..we got there around noon..late for us. it was a relaxing day..

did you like the pub sing on Sat? the 3 pints shy reunion was a lot of fun. they were a big hit for the past few years.

we might be heading to rhode island this weekend, so we will miss the faire if we do. but we will be there the following weekend.

ttys....roz

Yes 3 pints shy - I heard a lot about them , so it was great to see them.   The singing was good I always enjoy it.   My friend Ana might not go this weekend either, she has family obligations on Long Island but I'll see if I can pry her to come on out ( Her husband hates anything like this so he won't ever come out, but she seems to like it ) - I had managed to rope her into it once before and she discovered she really liked it.  Though she didn't care for the hard wooden benches LOL!!!

I did however have a great time chatting "in character" with Brother Benedict and Brother Francis, and a couple of others who ran into me.

A lot of people seemed to think I was part of the cast and kept asking for directions so I had to keep politely telling them I'm not part of the show LOL

Now I don't know about going in garb ALONE I think that would be too weird.  Dressing alone, walking into the faire alone, and wandering around dressed up without anyone you know to chit chat with, makes me feel a little strange. So I may forgo the outfit if I'm on my own.

laedyfaire

well, i really liked the robe you had on and think you should always go to faire in it! :) that is pretty neat that you stayed in character. i've yet to do that. i  guess i am lazy.

isn't if funny when people mistake you for working there.

if plans don't pan out for this weekend, we will prob. go on Sunday.

has Ana's husband ever been to the faire?

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on August 19, 2008, 05:58:43 AM
well, i really liked the robe you had on and think you should always go to faire in it! :) that is pretty neat that you stayed in character. i've yet to do that. i  guess i am lazy.

isn't if funny when people mistake you for working there.

if plans don't pan out for this weekend, we will prob. go on Sunday.

has Ana's husband ever been to the faire?

Thanks! I thought it was the easiest way to start out since it will take me a while to put together a more elaborate thing.     I only managed to stay in character while chatting with the Monks, but I have seen people stick to it the whole faire day! Now thats resolve! I can't keep doing it after a while I always revert, plus since the person I go with isn't in garb its hard to maintain the illusion for me.

I don't know if he has gone, originally when I said I would be going I asked if she and the family wanted to come join me - I figured her kids would really love it. But it turns out her husband hates this kind of thing, one of her sons is working and the other is in Florida, so it was just her that managed to get out here.

And if you don't go, I'm sure I will be there somewhere! I want to go all 3 days for the Labor day weekend. I have to make use of the season pass or I will have wasted money lol

laedyfaire

that is sad that ana's husband hates "this kind of thing"  . hmmm..does he do anything fun with her? i hope so..she seems really nice.

be forewarned..the labor day weekend is packed. last year was miserable b/c of the crowds. we went that sunday. i saw kids getting knocked in the face by elbows and cameras being swung into people du to lack of elbow room..seriously..you coud not even see the road at times..crazy..great for business, but not fun at all. we found an empty table and just sat in one spot all day! :)

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on August 19, 2008, 10:42:26 AM
that is sad that ana's husband hates "this kind of thing"  . hmmm..does he do anything fun with her? i hope so..she seems really nice.

be forewarned..the labor day weekend is packed. last year was miserable b/c of the crowds. we went that sunday. i saw kids getting knocked in the face by elbows and cameras being swung into people du to lack of elbow room..seriously..you coud not even see the road at times..crazy..great for business, but not fun at all. we found an empty table and just sat in one spot all day! :)

Not really. Ana and I used to work at the same company a few years back. I ended moving to Jersey and she is still on Long Island but we've always stayed in touch and once in a while we'll meet up to do something, sometimes with her kids sometimes not - and in all those years ( I'd say maybe 7-10 years? ) I have never seen the guy and he has never wanted to meet us or come do anything with us. So.. not sure.  But I'm happy I can get her out of the house and she can have a good time at the faire. Plus I'm slowly converting her to a Renny too! LOL!

Oh really? Labor day is that bad? That doesnt sound fun at all.. plus where the heck would you park it must be jammed to the gills.  And getting food must be impossible with the lines of people?   I hate huge crowds.  If it's that packed I might just skip it then.

Also what do you do after the NYRF is over?  Does your outfit go in the closet for a full year until next time? Or do you travel to other faires?

Matty Pine Brownie

Also what do you do after the NYRF is over?  Does your outfit go in the closet for a full year until next time? Or do you travel to other faires - Laedyfaire

Well in my case it is the short trip to Cloisters, which is usually the Sunday after the end of the Tuxedo run. After that it can be a little interesting as to where to go. I did one year (2004) go south to Charlotte (Carolina). The only thing to be careful of, is don't try to go opposite race weekend.
As for closer, there is Maryland, Penn, Connecticut, and Richard's within four hours of NYC and all have dates into October.

Before I get to that point, it is looking like Labor Day weekend for me and m'Lady. The only thing that is not fun is that we don't drive and Hate Having to Car Service From the Hotel. The eighty bucks a day has a better use. (Feeding the bees turkey legs come to mind, but....) Anyway, if anyone is coming Labor Day weekend, feel free to drop Matty Pine Brownie a PM and maybe something useful could come of it.

MPB
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

laedyfaire

depending on money, we go to the PA faire for one visit in Oct.

this year we are hoping to go to King Richards..which would be our first visit there.

in May, we do the Mayfaire in New Paltz, which is very close to us.

again, if money permits, there is also the CT faire in Hebron.

our goal is to visit a new faire every year, but with the gas prices, it has put a damper on things.

lord robert. yes, the lines are crazy, but if you get there early enough you can get preferred parking and tailgate. you could always hang out with Brother Donald in the back :) Labor day itself is a lot of fun, though and not as busy as the weekend of.

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Matty Pine Brownie on August 19, 2008, 10:47:37 PM
Also what do you do after the NYRF is over?  Does your outfit go in the closet for a full year until next time? Or do you travel to other faires - Laedyfaire

Well in my case it is the short trip to Cloisters, which is usually the Sunday after the end of the Tuxedo run. After that it can be a little interesting as to where to go. I did one year (2004) go south to Charlotte (Carolina). The only thing to be careful of, is don't try to go opposite race weekend.
As for closer, there is Maryland, Penn, Connecticut, and Richard's within four hours of NYC and all have dates into October.

Before I get to that point, it is looking like Labor Day weekend for me and m'Lady. The only thing that is not fun is that we don't drive and Hate Having to Car Service From the Hotel. The eighty bucks a day has a better use. (Feeding the bees turkey legs come to mind, but....) Anyway, if anyone is coming Labor Day weekend, feel free to drop Matty Pine Brownie a PM and maybe something useful could come of it.

MPB

Hm this is my first Faire and already I'm wondering what I'm going to do all those months without one! LOL!   I will have to see if there are other events going on that can tide me over until next year.

Meanwhile I started reading Shakespeare - which I had avoided all through school LOL - and picked up a couple of self-training CDs / books on the lingo of the time. So hopefully I at least understand what these people are saying because when you are brand spanking new it takes a while! LOL!

laedyfaire

ahhh..shakespeare! my favorite! there is a line of books called "no fear shakespeare" with the old english on one side and the new english on the page next to it. it is great for understanding what is being said. about 5.00 at barnes and noble. that is great that you are pursuing this new interest. it is wonderful to keep learning! i think we appreciate learning much more as we age. good luck with Will ! :)

you will def. go through faire withdrawal! it is so sad....