News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

this weekend

Started by laedyfaire, August 15, 2008, 08:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Byrd

I should be going tomorrow with my two children.  I have to find out when they are coming back from Disney with their Mom.  If I get them tonight, we'll get the garb ready and be there early.  Guess I should get some pictures up so y'all know what we look like, (Damn the rat bastards who screwed with the last place).  We dress kind of like Men and little woman of the wood, with lots of grommets.  Hope to see people there.

Jay Byrd

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on August 22, 2008, 06:35:01 AM
I should be going tomorrow with my two children.  I have to find out when they are coming back from Disney with their Mom.  If I get them tonight, we'll get the garb ready and be there early.  Guess I should get some pictures up so y'all know what we look like, (Damn the rat bastards who screwed with the last place).  We dress kind of like Men and little woman of the wood, with lots of grommets.  Hope to see people there.

Jay Byrd

Excellent - hope to you see you there. I plan to be there at the opening gate. One of my goals tomorrow is to find this Friends of Faire group and see if its something I'd like to do.   

I need to get a bottle of that Mead, that's some good stuff!

laedyfaire

have a good time tomorrow fellows..should be heading there on Sunday...LF

theChuck

aw man.. wish i had some time to go this weekend. i wonder if i can swing sunday... hmm.

if not, anyone down for going in the middle of september? maybe second weekend?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: theChuck on August 23, 2008, 12:16:37 AM
aw man.. wish i had some time to go this weekend. i wonder if i can swing sunday... hmm.

if not, anyone down for going in the middle of september? maybe second weekend?

I am. Well actually I'm good for any weekend - got to get my moneys worth out of the season pass lol

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Jay Byrd on August 22, 2008, 06:35:01 AM

Jay Byrd

Jay that was a great outfit I have to say! Even the kids were decked out, it was fantastic ! LOL!

BTW did you like Captain Hawkers Pub?

Going back for Labor Day weekend?  Everyone says it will be insane - but at least I can hide in the Friends of Faire Grove now in the back hahaha!

Matty Pine Brownie

Insane? Never. Nothing can be more insane than even thinking of trying Charlotte against Race Weekend.

(leaving the soapbox )

I am going this weekend. I don't really care that it is Labor Day Weekend, but it is logistically the best one. The weather at first draft promises to be better Sunday than Saturday.

The exercise that is my challenge is going sans car for a full weekend experience. I have done this twice before with my Mrs.

The one thing that has been lacking is others to travel with. The hotel is a good thing, however, the last leg of the journey from hotel to site is something that screams 'there has to be a better way.'

Anyone going from the City Labor Day Weekend?
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Matty Pine Brownie on August 25, 2008, 10:13:57 PM
Insane? Never. Nothing can be more insane than even thinking of trying Charlotte against Race Weekend.

(leaving the soapbox )

I am going this weekend. I don't really care that it is Labor Day Weekend, but it is logistically the best one. The weather at first draft promises to be better Sunday than Saturday.

The exercise that is my challenge is going sans car for a full weekend experience. I have done this twice before with my Mrs.

The one thing that has been lacking is others to travel with. The hotel is a good thing, however, the last leg of the journey from hotel to site is something that screams 'there has to be a better way.'

Anyone going from the City Labor Day Weekend?

Hm, well I am going Labor Day weekend but I am in NJ. However, I have a friend who is coming from Long Island. She is going into NYC ( Port Authority ) and taking a bus from there to NJ.  I'm meeting at the bus stop and driving the rest of the way from there.

So what is your plan? Where is the hotel you are going to?

renfairewench

Hello all!

Do stop by Renboots and say good morrow to me! That's where I am generally from 9:00 until 2:00 ish. Many times later as well.
...and this is not a plug for the store either!
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: renfairewench on August 26, 2008, 02:14:32 PM
Hello all!

Do stop by Renboots and say good morrow to me! That's where I am generally from 9:00 until 2:00 ish. Many times later as well.
...and this is not a plug for the store either!

Actually..I really do need boots or shoes too.. its on my wish list ( still saving up! )

So I shall stop by! Keep thy eyes peeled for a wandering Monk!  LOL

renfairewench

Well, we are not as expensive as Sandlers or Catskill but our better boots start around $200 and go to $350. Sandlers and Catskill have wonderful and beautiful boots too and can custom make them for your calf / foot if you desire, but they are costly. Stop in and I'll be happy to give you a hand or any information you might desire.

M-
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: renfairewench on August 26, 2008, 02:24:23 PM
Well, we are not as expensive as Sandlers or Catskill but our better boots start around $200 and go to $350. Sandlers and Catskill have wonderful and beautiful boots too and can custom make them for your calf / foot if you desire, but they are costly. Stop in and I'll be happy to give you a hand or any information you might desire.

M-

Honestly I have been looking at boots online, those tall suede ones run for $68 but I'm not sure how Historically correct those are.   Then I was looking at some medieval boots online in the $158 range. Right now I'm just wearing some Roman Sandals which works well with the garb.

Ultimately I'd like to get some boots or shoes that are at least passable for the time period, though considering I will only wear them during the Faire I'm not compelled to crazy with something very fancy or expensive. 

And I think I went through Renboots once or twice not really sure now - and for some reason I kept thinking they were motorcyle boots lol!!

I will make a point to stop in and say Hi and take a closer look though!

Green Monk

R.O.E.

Get your self a Tankard son !!!!

GM

Matty Pine Brownie

-Robert of Essex

Friday out/monday back  it is take subway/path/njt to ramsey route 17 and from there get to the hotel which is the doubletree hotel about a mile and a half north on 17, just south of 202.

Where me and the Mrs. run into some trickiness is getting from the doubletree to site. The goal is trying to avoid having to car service up and back both weekend days. Don't know if you or anyone you know is staying in the hotel. If so, coordinating breakfast buffet, and the trip to site would absolutely Rock! 
Rogues and Pollywogs! Where is the Brownie?

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: Matty Pine Brownie on August 26, 2008, 09:17:44 PM
-Robert of Essex

Friday out/monday back  it is take subway/path/njt to ramsey route 17 and from there get to the hotel which is the doubletree hotel about a mile and a half north on 17, just south of 202.

Where me and the Mrs. run into some trickiness is getting from the doubletree to site. The goal is trying to avoid having to car service up and back both weekend days. Don't know if you or anyone you know is staying in the hotel. If so, coordinating breakfast buffet, and the trip to site would absolutely Rock! 

Hm, alright. Do you plan to stay the full faire day?

I have a friend coming in on Saturday and my routine is that I go pick her up from the bus, and take the Garden State north to 17, then follow 17 up, etc etc.

So my planned route means I would pass by your hotel - so assuming everyone is ontime etc, maybe we could detour and do a pick up?  Only thing is you'd kind of be at our mercy because I usually try to stay the full faire day and leave after the pub sing.. if that is not an issue I can ask and see if she is ok with that idea?   Everyone can go do their thing and we can plan to meet at the gate at the end of the day or something like that.   I'm also going on Sunday ( though don't think she is going that day ) and plan to go Monday as well.

Let me know your thoughts..