News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

this weekend

Started by laedyfaire, August 15, 2008, 08:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jungleline

^

I just sent you a private message. I've never done one of those before, so if it didn't go through, let me know!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: jungleline on September 05, 2008, 11:10:52 AM
^

I just sent you a private message. I've never done one of those before, so if it didn't go through, let me know!

Glad that this worked out - it was good meeting you. I'm happy to know you had a good time at the Faire! Hopefully I got you back to the bus on time? Or did you have to wait?

renfairewench

Robert,
It was a pleasure meeting you this year at faire. My only regret is that I really didn't have enough time to sit and chat or have a drink or two with you. I hope to see you again at faire.
Blessings,
Maddie
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: renfairewench on September 23, 2008, 01:42:05 PM
Robert,
It was a pleasure meeting you this year at faire. My only regret is that I really didn't have enough time to sit and chat or have a drink or two with you. I hope to see you again at faire.
Blessings,
Maddie

The honor and pleasure was all mine! Yes, it is too bad we didn't have much time to really get to chat, though that means we'll have more to talk about at our next meeting!  ;D   

I also did not want to linger too long in the shop as I didn't want you to lose any potential sales as a result of me taking up your time with stuff. Next time around I'll have to coordinate with you better, come see you at break time or some such.

It was great to meet you though and I'm looking forward to next time! In fact I am told there some FoF thing possibly in January? So I might encounter you at one of those.

renfairewench

Quote from: Sir Robert of Essex on September 23, 2008, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: renfairewench on September 23, 2008, 01:42:05 PM
Robert,
Blessings,
Maddie

The honor and pleasure was all mine! Yes, it is too bad we didn't have much time to really get to chat, though that means we'll have more to talk about at our next meeting!  ;D   

I also did not want to linger too long in the shop as I didn't want you to lose any potential sales as a result of me taking up your time with stuff. Next time around I'll have to coordinate with you better, come see you at break time or some such.

It was great to meet you though and I'm looking forward to next time! In fact I am told there some FoF thing possibly in January? So I might encounter you at one of those.

The FOF thing you speak of in January is The Burns Dinner, which is at the home of our beloved FOF President's house. If you have not done so you should join the FOF yahoo group. Most announcements will be found there.

In December, I am having a holiday open house which everyone in FOF is invited too. Hopefully we'll have a good amount of people coming over. Consider yourself invited. I sent out a Save the Date on the NY Rennies and FOF yahoo group, however, maybe I should send it out here too.
The party is going to be on December 13 from 12:00 noon to whenever and will be held in Phillipsburg, NJ. (it's at the end of the world).

Brother Robert of Essex

The Burns Dinner! Yes! Steve was talking about it at the FoF garden on Sunday. I want to go to that. 

And a party in December you say? Well..that sounds good too!

theChuck

man, it sounds like becoming a fof is sort of worth it.. what's the cost? and what sort of stuff takes place when nyrf isn't going on? are there other events aside from these dinners?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

renfairewench

Quote from: theChuck on September 24, 2008, 03:05:47 PM
man, it sounds like becoming a fof is sort of worth it.. what's the cost? and what sort of stuff takes place when nyrf isn't going on? are there other events aside from these dinners?

FOF membership is $30. Well it was this year anyway, who knows for next year. It's a place to meet people, eat, rest, relax and store your things while parading around the faire. We bring a couple of chairs so that when it's really hot and miserable we can go back and rest. There is also food to be found as well. Generally members will bring goodies in for sharing. There is a pot luck picnic held once during the faire season in the FoF Garden, as well as an overnight camp out (generally held the same weekend as the Participant Party). Through the year there is generally one or two get togethers. Debra's Burns dinner is one of those events and is usually coupled with a general FoF meeting as well. Though our Holiday Open House is not specifically an FoF event, everyone is invited to attend if they wish. If you would like to come to the Holiday Party, consider yourself invited Chuck. I will post a save the date in a seperate post with some information. Later there will be a website to give a general rsvp as well as driving directions and such.

Warmly,
Maddie

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: theChuck on September 24, 2008, 03:05:47 PM

You should consider it - I came into the faire world the first time ever this year. I liked it so much I wanted to get more involved and meet others who shared the same interest, thus I joined FoF. My circle of friends as a result has expanded a lot. Not to mention all the fun opportunities like helping the cast to get the crowds to cheer, etc etc