News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MNRF 2008

Started by SleepyArcher, August 16, 2008, 02:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

As the beginning of our fest starts I just want to say HUZZAH!

Here is to a wonderful 6 weeks of being with friends, immersing ourselves in a period of time we love, eating healthy and drinking what's best and what a lot us have drooled over for a long time-MEAD. May everyone be happy as we meet and welcome new and old friends alike.

I still remember my first time going out there and for so long getting the nerve up to talk to DB at his booth. I was so nervous!! And then too nervous to talk to Nyte and applejax who DB told me I could hang with. I was out there alone that and what a horrible feeling it is not knowing anyone and being all dressed up? That was 3 years ago and I haven't looked back.

Thank you everyone for the memories and for the new one I'm sure we will make this year. 
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Ferret

Huzzah !

Off to a great start. Breakfast was very good, thank you to all who made it happen. Didn't catch up to Rage to get a Snot ribbon. If any are left, please save me one. Met some old friends and a lot of new ones.

Made it to Fest Friends to pay my dues. Met the lovely ladies who made that happen. big thank you, for all your efforts and hard work.
Watched the awarding of the Order of the Coconut, Baron's words were wise and the award was touching.
Found a nice Gentleman selling hot dragon eggs. I brought it to work and placed it near my computer monitor. I don't believe it is sterile, it is twitching now and then, I'm sure it is about to hatch. ( Thank you DB ! )

Fest is off to a great start. I had to leave early for that work thing. More weeks to come. I had a great time, and I hope everyone has a great time there too. Hope to see more of my Fest Friends in the coming weeks.

I saw Sleepy too, in a car, getting prepared. A lot of work, you looked great.

What a great day ! Thank you all !
Ferret

Nikita

Everyday is a challenge and gift

ladiedragon

Ferret we have a few left. we're gonna make jsut a few more and your name is on it for you. we'll be there everyweekend and at the mead booth the usual time.

Ferret

Thank you Ladiedragon. Much appreciated.
Ferret

Lord Figaro

Man this year is off to a great start with friends and the fest family. Makes me look forward to every weekend. I just wish they didn't go by so fast. Really going to like it as I heal better and can walk around more though. I went to visit a friend on the other side of site and realized I really wasn't quite ready for that much walking yet, ouch. But I know the season is just going to get better and better. Can't wait to make more memories every weekend. I loved seeing those who could make it out at the bar after too, that always seems to be a nice topper, to a great day, for me and the wife.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

white trillium

Just wanted to say thank you to all the nice people we met on Saturday.  I know we didn't meet everyone, but I'm sure we'll get around to that eventually.  This was our first year attending in garb, and my dear spouse has definitely been bitten by the bug (as has our daughter). 

We thought about going out on Sunday, but hubby was the voice of reason and his to-do list for the weekend won out (ok, I will admit that putting the finishing touches on the window he put in is important).  We'll be out there next weekend, and have even volunteered for a shift at the Fest Friends glade on Saturday (we figure that would be a good way to meet more people!).
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Rage

Quote from: white trillium on August 18, 2008, 01:37:52 PM

We thought about going out on Sunday, but hubby was the voice of reason and his to-do list for the weekend won out

Never ever listen to that voice... ;D

TheFerret

Once again, I'm out selling soap. I've had an interesting (read: crappy) summer so this weekend was just what I needed. Lots of energy and am feeling renewed and completely worn out. I'm sure there's more but I'm a little brain dead so..."thingy thingy stuff".

Ferret
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!