News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Discount tickets on WNCI 97.9

Started by Dragonlord, August 17, 2008, 01:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonlord

Heard about this special on the radio tonight.  If anyone needs tickets, WNCI is running a sale on 8-22-08.  Combo tickets are $11.25.  These include admission to the faire, free entre, free soda, free dessert, and 10% discount on faire souvenier.  Can purchase up to 12 combo tickets at this price. 

http://wnci.wncideals.com/

Old Tinker

many thanks good Dragonlord,
me guesses that we wait until the countdown is over, and the tickets will become available to purchase on the WNCI radio site. would this be correct good Sir ?
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Dragonlord

Yes, it appears they don't go on sale until 9:30 am on Friday the 22nd.

Old Tinker

good Dragonlord, it says noth'n about a limit on how many they are to sell.
me 's guess is  ??? unlimited  ??? ( know'n there is a limit per purchase thought).
they must have to wait per agreements.
thank you so much again, me Belle and me have taken thy information over to the KYHRF forum also.
many there plan to attend several weekends at OHRF.
good fortune to thee,
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Caroline

I wonder if there's some kind of catch?  If regular addimission is (I think) $22.50 PLUS the cost of the food and drink they're offering,  why would the festival be willing to let tickets go that cheap?  Is this a regular thing they do?  Has anyone bought tickets like this before?

Sorry, I like to be cautious!  :)

kydavid

Usually as an investment in advertising. They give 50% discounts, the DJ's want people on their pages, the radio station wants interactions, so the trade is, you give up cheap tickets, we will talk up the cheap tickets on air, and we get listeners checking us out for deals, you get more advertising and a few patrons.

Old Tinker

good KyDavid is correct in his way of think'n when it come to Market'n. Also keep in mind that Open Weekend (Labor Day), is two for one also. which means that they DO mark tickets half price, and have done so in past years. along with purchase of tickets for future weekends are only "used" about 60 to 75%, mean'n that in the long run, they equal out to be only about 25 to 30% off (when thee looks at it at a advertise'n $$).
now me Belle and me are go'n to try and get our tickets thou this promotion, but we also have a back up of book'n our Motel stay at "King Island Resort", which is offer'n two adult tickets with one nights stay. which brings the price of room down to $45.00. then if radio promotion works out, then we just cancel the room at the resort (or maybe not), and get a room closer to ren fest.
does that make sense ?
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Caroline

You've all convinced me :)  I'm just waiting to hear back from the website, to see if they ship to Canada.....

Tinker, this will be my first visit to this festival, do you know of any close-by hotels/motels?  I do not know the area, but I can look up anything you might think of.

Ragna

The Roberts Centre is a nice place.  http://www.robertscentre.com/holiday_inn.asp

Or here is a site with other local area hotels:  http://yellowpages.wnewsj.com/Wilmington,+OH/Hotels.zq.html

You will need to scroll down to "courtesy listings"    Beavercreek is a ways away but Wilmington and Waynesville are close.   You have the option to refine your search so you can choose your distance from the faire.  The faire address is:  317 Brimestone Road, Harveysburg, Ohio 45177

Lady Caroline

Old Tinker

Quote from: Lady Caroline on August 21, 2008, 07:58:11 AM
You've all convinced me :)  I'm just waiting to hear back from the website, to see if they ship to Canada.....

Tinker, this will be my first visit to this festival, do you know of any close-by hotels/motels?  I do not know the area, but I can look up anything you might think of.

our dear Lady Caroline, there be many a motel on wed site of OHRF to refer to. me Belle and me usually stay in Wilmington, OH. (there are several Motels there, at it is pretty close to OHRF), and also Harveysburg, OH. but as mention'd prior, we may try out King Island Resort this season, if we do not get tickets through radio station. if more assistance is need'd, please PM this Old Tinker, and we be glad to help.
take care,

hello Viking Mama, how thee do and is Lar do'n well also. hope to see thee soon.
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Ragna

These are also listed on the ORF site.  It appears that some of them might have deals to be had.

http://www.renfestival.com/asp/lodging.aspx

Ragna

Hi Tink!  **waving frantically**

All is well with us.  Looking forward to seeing you all soon.  I'm so ready to be back on site and be back in touch with our faire community.

Old Tinker

Belle !! Belle !!  Ragna says hi, (Belle and Tink dance around in circles)  ;D ;D
dearest Ragna, we await those HUGs from thee, it has just been to long, yet we are patient peoples, and as they say; "Patients is a Virtue and the Key to Happiness". and me Belle and me are very happy right now to hear from thee.
Belle and Tink swagger off sing'n-
"We get to see our Viking Mama",
"We get to see our Viking Mama",

Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Ratman and Bobin

We stay in Wilmington at the Hampton. Very nice place and only about 15 min from faire!!  ;D
cheers,
ratman & bobin
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

Dragonlord

Lady Caroline

Moi aussi!    Just have to figure out which weekend now, and book the lodgings :)

Old Tinker

Ahh-Kit, server all jamm'd up, can't get in to order. but me's will keep try'n. so everybody get done so me Belle and me can also get ours  :D of course just kidd'n on that last statement, except about "keep try'n".
good to know that you both got through and order'd.
well back to the radio site, and try again (hope they have plenty of tickets).
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Old Tinker

Quote from: Old Tinker on August 22, 2008, 10:42:55 AM
Ahh-Kit, server all jamm'd up, can't get in to order. but me's will keep try'n. so everybody get done so me Belle and me can also get ours  :D of course just kidd'n on that last statement, except about "keep try'n".
good to know that you both got through and order'd.
well back to the radio site, and try again (hope they have plenty of tickets).

okay everyone you can get back to order'n yours now, me's have mine now  ;D
this Old Tinker get excited when it comes to save'n a buck,(me's can buy more ale's then) ::)
hope to see all at OHRF,
i be the old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Caroline

Everything's booked, we are coming for the weekend of Saturday September the 13.  I see that the tickets are now sold out, I hope many RF people got in on it!

Old Tinker

Quote from: Lady Caroline on August 22, 2008, 04:08:53 PM
Everything's booked, we are coming for the weekend of Saturday September the 13.  I see that the tickets are now sold out, I hope many RF people got in on it!

Dear Lady Caroline, twas a very nice gesture for good Dragonlord to have given the link so that we were able to save a few silver pieces. so now we shall hold a few of them so when we see him, we shall treat him to his favorite brew.  ;D
thank you good Dragonlord, for think'n of others,
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Caroline

I agree Old Tinker!  The gesture was much appreciated, as I had to buy four!  This forum is full of friendly souls :) I have yet to recognize anyone from these forums at a faire, but I'm hoping!!

mehan

Drat and pfifft.... mundania was so scary yesterday I missed this...

Oh, well - Scotsman will just have to buy all my ale!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Old Tinker

Quote from: mehan on August 23, 2008, 05:30:13 AM
Drat and pfifft.... mundania was so scary yesterday I missed this...

Oh, well - Scotsman will just have to buy all my ale!

Can't wait to see everyone!

our dear mehan, me Belle and me are work'n at a little something , that when time comes, we shall PM thee with the info. hope thee are well rest'd and how is our good Shepard of thee "Flock" ?
be better than well, in touch soon,
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Poof Bird

Poooo, I missed this!!  The poor artist needs all the help she can get when it comes to money  O_o

Oh well!  At least I still get to go  :D

Old Tinker

Quote from: Lady Caroline on August 22, 2008, 04:08:53 PM

dear Lady Caroline, me Belle and me will add thee to the list'n for OHRF over the 13th. any chance thee will be attend'n the after "Gather'n" at "Loveland Castle" for the "Castleteer Re'Union" ? just let us know and we shall mark thy name there also.
thee shall meet many R/F'ers on the 13th at OHRF, it be an R/F Invasion, or me's call it now "Anniversary Gather'n", for it be our lovely Lady Guinness and Scotsmans wedd'nn annv.
Psst- ( all that read this, lets not let them- Lady G & the Big Thug -have to purchase any ale for themselves. )
Oh  :o  hi Scotsman, have we told you lately "We Love You Guys"  :-*
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lady Caroline

Thank you Tinker, it was very nice of you to add me to the list :)  Is there a designated meeting time/place during the faire? Any after-parties won't be possible though, as we will have 2 of the kids with us, so I think we may just have to head back to the hotel.  If I were there by myself, I would definately go!

Looking forward to meeting anyone from this forum throughout the day. I am terrible with recognizing people in RL, from their avatars though!  So please, if anyone is better at it than me, please say hi!!  I will post a pic of our garbs before hand (still working on them, his and hers) so we should be easy to spot :)

Thanks again!

Lady Caroline

My tickets arrived today, which really surprised me.  Being in Canada, I expected a two week wait :)  Getting really excited!!!