News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thank you and pictures...

Started by reese, August 17, 2008, 12:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese

Well, we had a good time, and are exhausted.  Nearly 8 hours on the road (there and back) + 9+ hours at faire, where we hardly ever sat down...need I say more.

Thank you all for a lovely time.  We brought home some lovely memories of your home faire. 

Reese, Andrew (Master Launcelot Onyons), Lady Rachael, and Sir Richard
Lovely family we met, I'm horrid with names, though, sorry.

Preparing to meet Queen Elizabeth, love Lady, didn't catch her name though. (oh and if you've noticed, my youngest is in street clothes.  We got all the way to faire and found out we left his slops back home.  So he stayed in reg. clothes instead of dressing up, and he usually would have.  'Tis a shame, he's such a love in garb.)

Queen Elizabeth is so lovely, or as Sir Richard says, "She's MOST Beauuuutious", quite the Lady.  She made it very special for us, since even after such a brief meeting throughout the shire when she'd pass the children, she'd call them by name as if she were intimate with them. 

Rides at a Ren Faire, who'd have thought!

Even the Queen enjoys the rides:

Lord and Lady Derby, it was a pleasure to see you two again.  The children remember you well from your visit to our home faire and they were happy to see you. 

Sir Richard loved this guy's outfit, very cool!

For us, Faire isn't Faire without a visit with Papa Scott, and a purchase or two:

BOY, them Nobles sure do think they own the path  ::) ;D  Love you Lord and Lady Lincoln, as well as you Little Lady Rachael.

Watching a show with the Queen:

Don't tick off the Queen!

Dude!! NOT SMART!

No woman is worth all this trouble, right?!

I did find a lovely fae hiding in the herb garden:

BubbleWright

Thank thee kind Sir for your post and most wondrous photographs. I was not at Faire this weekend so they cheered me up. From what Shire didst thou travel?  If it be the Revel Grove, I shall be visiting there on the 6th of September.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

reese

I'm a Ma'am; it's ok, unless you know me, by my name you wouldn't know.

Our home faire is Virginia, we came from Fredericksburg area.  It was quite the travels, but it was worth it.  I'm glad you were able be cheered up from missing a weekend at faire.  My goal was to show a bit of how we saw and enjoyed Penn Faire.  :D

We'll be traveling to MDRF sometime once or twice this season, other than that we wait until Virginia again.

Thanks for the kind words and you are most welcome. 

Reese

McGuinness

Glad to here you enjoyed yourself. I wish I would have recognized who you were to say hello. I had a blast when I visited VaRF and I'm enjoying welcoming all of you to my "home turf". Hope to see you at VaRF next season!

reese

Colleen,

We didn't see you, it was so crowded and large, I'm surprised we saw as many folks we knew as we did.  Drew would have known it was you, and would have pointed you out.  We DID look for you though.

We look forward to your visit again to VaRF, we really did enjoy your visit, as well as your cohorts :D.

Until we meet again,

Reese

Tim T

Glad to see you had fun, Reese!  Too bad Sir Richard had no slops, but I see he had his favorite sword belt and hanger.

We'll be heading up to PA next month for the first time, and we're really looking forward to it.

Will you be at MDRF come labor day?  We'd love to see you before VARF next year!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

reese

Tim,

What day LD weekend are you planning on going to MdRF?  I might be able to swing it, but if I do it, I want to do it when you all will be there. 

I think you all may enjoy PARF, there is a lot for children to do and ways for you to unload your pockets of coin LOL.  Just take some time to sit down longer than we did.  Andrew and I only sat down twice, the younger two a couple of times more, as we ate lunch, then dinner.  It IS nice they have water fountains there (I only know of 1, but it was nice) as well as flushing toilets!!!!   

As for Sir Richard,*snort* yes, we may have forgotten his slops, but he still wore his belt/sword and goblet, as well as his "Maggie" pin.  He even still had his in garb airs about him, *giggle* by the groveling around him, it was obvious others knew he was of good ranking, as he'd rise all up with the air of a Nobleman.   

I'm wishing you cool weather and gentle breezes for a comfortable day at faire. 

Reese

SrEstebanLegaspi

We're happy that you enjoyed our home Faire. I was hoping to make it to VARF this year but real life got in the way... I offer some additional pictures to help you relive your day:

Anon.
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

SirBlackFox

The family of Lady Em are most lovely. . . . she sews all their works and used to run RenFriends.com. . .not sure if that's still a viable site.

Anyway. . .  my few shots from this past weekend: http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z312/SirBlackFox/PARF/PARF%202008/

The very biggest highlight from our visit was meeting up with an old crush/friend of mine, Stacy (Mascotti) Smith.  She played the Queen years ago and moved on to other things. . .then got married and is back in the role of a gypsy. 

Whilst sitting at the Swashbuckler's Pub (where most of the photos linked above were shot from). . .we caught each other's eye and she ran over to me for a series of wonderful hugs.  To me, she's still that most beauteous Queen Lizzie I. . . and I remember yelling "God Save The Queen. . .  Hubba-Hubba" at the final joust during her reign.

Now I'm looking forward to getting back to PARF again and finding out all that's happened to her . . . what a wonderful and talented actor. . .  a Huzzah to PARF for giving her a wonderful place to shine again.
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

reese

Thanks you two for the wonderful pictures!!  Thanks Sir BF for knowing the lady's name since I didn't write it down.  We talked about the Ren Friends site, and I think she said it's still active. 

:D Reese

lordwriothsley

Awesome pics reese.As always you take some of the best pictures I have ever seen especially at faire.My pending visit is just around the corner so you know.Hope to see you and the clan and also Lord and Lady Lincoln there as well.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

McGuinness

Quote from: reese on August 19, 2008, 03:57:26 PM
Thanks you two for the wonderful pictures!!  Thanks Sir BF for knowing the lady's name since I didn't write it down.  We talked about the Ren Friends site, and I think she said it's still active. 

Just to clarify, in case you were wondering....

The matching family is that of Lady Em. If that mystery lady you were referring to was the one in the blue gown, yellow partlet and with the blue and yellow feather fan, that was be Lady Agnes Howard, 3rd Marchioness of Winchester. I'd hate for your photo album to be labelled wrong  ;) :)

Tim T

Quote from: reese on August 18, 2008, 12:07:30 PM
Tim,

What day LD weekend are you planning on going to MdRF?  I might be able to swing it, but if I do it, I want to do it when you all will be there. 

We'll be at MD Saturday and Sunday.

Should be quite a crowd!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

reese

Thank you Colleen, I've not had the time to label anything.  Real life just gets too hectic, as I'm sure you know.

Thank YOU my good Lord, for all the sweet compliments you always give. 

Tim, thanks, I'll see if we can budget not only the money, but the time, and will let you know either way. 

DarkLord

Boy that guy with the black armor is singularly handsome I must say!  ;D

Vlad
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

daylight

Wounderful pics, it almost makes feel as thou I was there, thanks again.

reese

LOLROF Vlad, Richard was surely impressed by you, he still says "coooooooool" when he sees your picture.  I love the craftsmanship that goes into your armour. 

Thanks Daylight, it was a lovely day and I did get some very nice pictures of it. 

Reese