News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mead prices

Started by groomporter, August 18, 2008, 08:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFerret

Quote from: dorkyfaerie on September 02, 2008, 09:33:38 AM
I am done.  I will not be back out this year and may not come back at all.   I am not willing to come home from fest and cry myself to sleep anymore over the way MAF is treating Jim and the mead family.  MAF went too far.  I have much more to say, but I don't want to get thrown into John's Inn. 

Please be good to Jim and the people who work in the mead booths.  Please go up to the meadery and buy bulk mead and let them know you would support them outside of fest.

Thanks for being so good to me for so many years!!  I'll see you at a pub night or another festival!

Sadness!  :( I know Missy and Bryan will miss seeing you out there but I understand your feelings. *hugs* It was good to meet you finally.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!

DeadBishop

You always hate to here things like this.  How does management expect to run a business when they they chase off the vendors.  As far as anyone is concerned, the Mead is Jim's to do with as he pleases, whether it's for profit or not.

Dorkyfaerie, I hope you change your mind about swearing off fest for good.  I'll have some loki waiting for you when you come back.

R/F.com member since 2003

Kiss-me-Kate

Oh, Dorkyfaery, I am sorry you feel that you can't be out at Fest anymore.

I hope that we see you at other events.

*big hugs*
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Lord Figaro

Remember dorkyfaerie, there's always a home for you here. We'll hope that your angst against moronic management will one day pass. Just give it time, and you'll feel comfortable by doing your thing, and they'll do theirs. But never the two shall meet.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Dayna

As someone who just got back after closing Bristol, would someone mind posting what actually happened?  I know from reading that the price went up and the cup size went down, but IIRC the cup size was a mistake which was rectified.  What's MAF done now?  >:(

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven