News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hall of Masters

Started by groomporter, August 18, 2008, 08:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

On a grumbly note

It's pretty disappointing to see that due to lack of maintainence, the Hall of Masters is locked and condemned as unsafe. I don't know how many sales I got from putting stuff there, but we know we got some traffic over to the booth after people saw some of my one-of-a-kind items displayed over there.

If you're not familiar with it the Hall of Masters is a large building near the "Bare Stage" where crafters could feature some of their best works outside of their own booth. Each weekend usually had a different media that was featured, and the last weekend was reserved for crafters who had been recognized by their peers as one of the "Master" artists at MNRF.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rage

When we were watching Vil Tennis on Saturday I was looking at the roof. I understand why they condemned the building. They need to fix or replace it...

groomporter

Yeah there was a note in the weekly participants' newsletter claiming they were working on replacing it for 2009. The other annoyance is that the staff who had been working in the building were only told a week, or 10 day before fest that their services would not be needed.

With luck maybe they will build something big enough that it can also house the Craft Museum at Folkstone Hall which has been half taken over by a beer booth.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Rage

DeadBishop

Yeah, we had stuff from our booth two weekends every season in the hall, and also got traffic from people visiting the Hall of Masters.   :-[

R/F.com member since 2003

Noble Dreg

Funny thing, on Sunday I was looking across from Bad Manor thinking "How do they make the holes in the roof so realistic without it leaking"?
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

ladiedragon

Quote from: Noble Dreg on August 18, 2008, 06:50:31 PM
Funny thing, on Sunday I was looking across from Bad Manor thinking "How do they make the holes in the roof so realistic without it leaking"?

OMG! that is too funny! ;D