News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A year of transition

Started by Rage, August 18, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rage

2008 is a year of transition at MNRF.

We lost an icon of the faire. Many acts have changed for one reason or another. Several vendors have changed and some didn't even make it to opening. New foods some of which didn't make opening weekend (or got sold out). Two new mead booths and yes new prices (which we all know is not Jim's fault).

We have lots of new faces, new couple, and new garb.

We have a fantastic (my daughters favorite word) new glade for Fest friends which is becoming a big hit.

We had a surprise winner of the order of the coconut. The first of our next generation to receive the coconuts and very well deserved winner. I think Baron made a great choice that fits this year of transition.

My own little story about girlchild. At WiRF LD & I picked up some fireworks. I have in my infinite wisdom been known to fire off bottle rockets from my fingertips... Well LD put a stop to that and girl child kept me in-line the rest of the night....  ;D. Kate you should be a proud mother.

And lets not forget the new Extra large B-cup! I was telling LD that only woman (And Sleepy depending on his character  ;)) can be the winner of Extra large B-Cup... ;D 

Here's to a year of transition, may it be a good one.

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Rage on August 18, 2008, 09:03:27 AM
2008 is a year of transition at MNRF.

We lost an icon of the faire.

We also started out the season with the death of a 47-year old man, Ron Brennan, in the campground. Not a great start to the year but this weekend was fabulous. It is clear that people are working hard to make fest the magical place it's supposed to be even in the face of these tragedies.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

renren

new things for this year:
Bringing the girls with!
In the interest of going more than one place in a day, gonna go in dane's..dunno 'bout that one, tho.
Was my idea, but, can I?
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Random Girl

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 18, 2008, 10:36:40 AM
We also started out the season with the death of a 47-year old man, Ron Brennan, in the campground.

Yeah that was pretty devastating for a lot of people that night.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Will Gamwell

It is definately a year of transition.  Quite a few things have changed, some tied to the new lease agreement, some not.

For me personally, making the change to Entertainment from SS has been interesting to say the least.  My first reaction when seeing SS memebers running by is to follow and help.  Just have to remind myself that it's not my job and I should let them handle it. 

TheFerret

This year I've been asked to also play flute with the Terpsicory dancers so I'll be playing at the first show and then the two court sessions. It's also been a rough summer for me between moving, mystery hives, grandfather passing away, "inheriting" his cat and then breaking up with my boyfriend, I needed some positive energy which was thankfully there this weekend. Here's the start of a good season.
Ferret
Wench #1486
Bard #245
Sweet Shouter for Seventh Sojourn Soaps
I've got ADOS: Attention Deficit OOOH Shiny!