News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval & Renaissance Treasures from the Victoria and Albert Museum

Started by susannah, August 18, 2008, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

If you're in or near Atlanta, come to the High Museum of Art to view this exciting exhibition!!
The exhibition dates runs Sept 13, 2008- Jan 4, 2009.
See www.high.org for more details! Let me know if you're coming by, I work at the museum.

The Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) has one of the world's greatest collections of medieval and Renaissance works of art, ranging in date from 300 to 1600 AD and in scale from the miniature to the monumental. The 44 masterpieces shown here focus on the "Treasury Arts" and provide insight into artistic production across this vast period, highlighting both continuity and change. The exhibition includes carved ivories, bronze sculpture, jeweled metalwork, stained glass and a rare notebook by Renaissance artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci. Whether designed for church or palace, these works not only were admired for their beauty and workmanship, they also tell a variety of stories about their makers and owners.
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Escarlata

Thanks, Susannah. I've shared the information with the readers of FaireNews.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

susannah

That's great, Escarlata! I appreciate you spreading the word!! I'm happy to answer any questions...just renmail me.
Thanks again!!  :)
Susannah

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Oh I so need to come down for that!   ;D  Maybe myne sister would meet me. 
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

susannah

Let me know if you'd like a place to stay...we have lots of room! The more the merrier!
Susannah