News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fest Gounds Question?

Started by Maryfairy, August 18, 2008, 01:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maryfairy

I have a question for you all? What is the castle looking wall with the big door going to be at the fest grounds? I saw this as I was heading to my first show this year and of course it was, "Puke & Snot." Any info? What ever is behind door #1 I want to see it  :o!
  Thanks for all your hard work this opening weekend. I had a blast! But roasted like a piggy :P. I don't know how you do it all day long in those hot costumes. What's the secret? Built in fan's perhaps?
  P.S. I forgot to add, that Belly Dancer with the super dark hair can really wiggle her giggle. She was at the stage right beside the jousting area.

Rage

Years of abuse and lots of mead? No just kidding. I think we all just love fest that much.

Not sure about the castle and the door. I saw it but I don't have any info on it.

atysmee01

Remember the dungeon exhibit there from last year?  This is supposed to house the PERMANENT version of this now.  So much for another decent-sized stage (even if the Unicorn stage was in serious need of repair, as they all are) for, I dunno, entertainment?

Feel free to line up, pay more money and see torture devices.

I doubt I'll ever set foot in there on principle.
Deirdre O'Dison
Resident Whiner of Mac's Pub
Old Maid in the Garrett

Will Gamwell

I heard briefly what it was going to be, but I neglected to store that data into my memory banks and deleted it.  On the map (even though they took the time to add the Fest Friends area) they neglected to update that area on the map.  It still says "Unicorn Stage".  Last year it was a very cheesy & cheap dungeon.  Since last year they completely tore out the stage that was there and built the current structure that we now see.

If no one has an answer by the time I email & get a reply back, I'll post the answer.

Quote from: Maryfairy on August 18, 2008, 01:31:12 PM
Thanks for all your hard work this opening weekend. I had a blast! But roasted like a piggy :P. I don't know how you do it all day long in those hot costumes. What's the secret? Built in fan's perhaps?

Our secret it that we are all androids.   ;D
Personally, I take the time to cool off in shade or indoors whenever possible.  Drink a ton of water, gatorade & eat something every few hours to keep up energy.  With my wonderfully pale norwegian skin, I apply & reapply sunscreen ever few hours as well after wiping off any excess sweat & dirt with a paper towel.

groomporter

Quote from: atysmee01 on August 18, 2008, 01:37:52 PM
Remember the dungeon exhibit there from last year?  This is supposed to house the PERMANENT version of this now. 

That's what we had heard about it. Although since it was still under construction a week before the show I suspect they may not have an occupancy permit for it yet from the county inspectors.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

dorkyfaerie

This weekend was the first weekend I haven't been standing in a shaded booth all day.  Holy roasted faerie Batman!  

Sorcha

"Bodice Chillers"
Keeps at least part of one's anatomy cool.  They're sold just down the way from Foaming Stein.  *waves to Muffin*
It helps to have a Manservant to refill it throughout the day, but the Pickle Boy will do in a pinch.
M~

Muffin

Quote from: Sorcha on August 18, 2008, 02:33:49 PM
"Bodice Chillers"
Keeps at least part of one's anatomy cool.  They're sold just down the way from Foaming Stein.  *waves to Muffin*
It helps to have a Manservant to refill it throughout the day, but the Pickle Boy will do in a pinch.
M~

I love my bodice cooler!!! Would be dead without it!! (and my pub stays in the shade most of the day!!!) I send anyone who asks me about it straight down to the shoppe where I bought it (or well.. where it was bought for me..  :-*)

Manservant... Kilted man servant!! *squeee* What a handy new addition for me this year!!  :-* :-* ;D

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

I spend the hottest hours of the day down in the Enchanted Forest. It's about 10 degrees cooler down there.

MissBubu

From 12:30 to 2:30 I'm at gate #4. I have shade and someone brings me water and ice, and whatever breeze happens to come by is amplified by the wind tunnel effect of my gate. Except for having to stand for a couple of hours, it's probably the best spot on the grounds at that time of day.

Maryfairy

What is a "Bodice Chiller?" I need more info? Price and where can I get one!

Kiss-me-Kate

It is a little stainless steel tube you fill with ice and put a cork topper on it.

Mine has a pewter rose.  the other ladies have beaded hearts, a titmouse etc.

their shop is on the "island" at least 4 to 6 shops to the left (as you are facing it) from the Foaming Stein.
I can't remember the name of it.  I know it is by Anam Cara's shop, so look for the big pentagram sign.

I think I paid 35 for mine, but I could be wrong and that was a few years ago.  It was the best money I have ever spent at fest; it has more than paid for itself.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

renren

Welcome ,Mary!
Lots of water, shade and rest!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Maryfairy

That is a great ideal! Thanks for the info everyone ;)!

Lord Figaro

Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

What about us guys?  Don't we need a 'chiller' too?!  We could call it a codpiece chiller - you never know, it might catch on.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

DeadBishop

Quote from: Phelyp, Lord Maydestone on August 19, 2008, 07:17:05 AM
What about us guys?  Don't we need a 'chiller' too?!  We could call it a codpiece chiller - you never know, it might catch on.

I suggested that last year to the booth that makes the bodice chillers.  A codpiece or sporran chiller for the guys.... :P

R/F.com member since 2003

groomporter

OH! -Maybe that's what the freaky woman has in that 18" codpiece she wears!
-Maybe it... no, no. I better not go any farther it wouldn't even be suitable for John's Inn
::)

Maryfairy

Can anyone take a picture for me?

Muffin

Hmmmm a sporran chiller, that could be interesting....... I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those neck things that you put in the freezer and then wrap around your neck to keep you cool... If we have another weekend like last weekend it could come in handy!!  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

groomporter

Quote from: Maryfairy on August 19, 2008, 10:15:47 AM
Can anyone take a picture for me?

Of the bodice chillers or the codpiece?  ::)

The bodice chillers are being made by lots of places now

From Ebay:

One "in place"
http://flickr.com/photos/husseygirl/498175656/in/set-72157600214165669/