News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dallas Area Ren Gathering "DARG"

Started by Mast Hugger Kate, August 18, 2008, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ottheinrich

eloquentXI

Here are the few that I got...

didn't get as many as I would have hoped. :]
The rest (which is like three others) are here- http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn213/megsfairephotos/DARG%20Sept%2008/
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Ottheinrich

Ello, only 5 pictures? I hoped you had taken more :'(

mieljolie

Yay, pics!  Goody!  Thanks for posting them.

Anyone else wondering who made the wet spots on the ground in front of everyone in the group shot?  ;)  Tut tut.  Looks like someone had an accident.  A couple of 'em!  Hehe  I'm terrible, huh?
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Ottheinrich

Wasnt that from the ice shot glasses that we were breaking? :o

mieljolie

Ahh, the ice shot glasses.  Sure it was. ;) 

Those were some really cool shot glasses.  I'm going to have to find some of those molds.  Definitely can't nurse your shot in it, though.  Drip...drip...  I wonder if your tongue will get stuck to it.  Maybe you should try it and tell us later this coming cold winter.  :)
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Ottheinrich

Quote from: newbiehere on September 30, 2008, 01:50:14 PM
Ahh, the ice shot glasses.  Sure it was. ;) 

Those were some really cool shot glasses.  I'm going to have to find some of those molds.  Definitely can't ...  :)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kitchen/986a/

Yrose

I was showing a friend you link and they said they picked the mold up at either Ross or Marshall's. They're neat, I'd heard of shot blocks before, using a block of ice and running the shot down a trench cut in to it.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

BrokenArts

Nice to see the pictures!  Looks like a good time had by all.  We'll surely make the next one.

Ottheinrich

Quote from: BrokenArts on October 01, 2008, 09:51:31 AM
Nice to see the pictures!  Looks like a good time had by all.  We'll surely make the next one.

You were missed at the first gathering, and you are most certinly invited to the next.

It will be around the begining of December

queeneleanore

Quote from: Mast Hugger Kate on September 26, 2008, 06:26:29 PM
It was such a pleasure to have all of you to our home! It was really great to get together with old friends and new and Royalty as well. Keep your eyes open for our Christmas GARB DARG, it should be fun as well. I'll let you guys know when we have a date.  ;)

We had such a great time, the company was most excellent! The laughter and jokes and stories never topped.  I haven't enjoyed myself so much in a long time.  Thank you for having us at your lovely home! :-)
Queen of Portugal, 1518–1521
Queen of France, 1530-1547

baron snail

I am sooooooo sorry I missed this gathering...
I've been out of town working... at a slaughterhouse southwest of Amarillo... and no computer access for 2 months.
Just got back home.
Assuming I'm not on the road again, I would DEFINITELY like to make the December gathering.
Perhaps I can browbeat my beloved Spookey into making one of her pineapple upside down cakes for the affair...
If it ain't broke... don't fix it.